• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle vs Exeter City matchday thread

Exe on Valdez

Adams' future hangs on this match.

Our reserves got you the sack, our reserves got you the sack.

Boyo

I would go lower. 1300?
There were over 9,000 for the JPT match back in 2011, with 2,500 from Devon's Capital City, if I recall correctly. Admittedly it was the first Devon/Cornwall Derby for a few years.

Always worth a watch... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3DCpeYwh_c&t=3s

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor old Derek has had the vote of confidence. Anybody recommend Mrs A a reputable removal firm ?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

I'll be happy to lose if it keeps him in a job for another month. He's doing a fine job.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really want us to go for it and win this, it is against Them, after all, unless we lose, then I really couldn't care less about this meaningless tinpot trophy.

Rog H K

Rumours that we have sold 250 (got mine now), and them about 1k.

Legohead

Banned

I want us to lose even more now. Like snoop fog says, if they get in a new manager he might steer them away from the drop zone sharpish. No, keep Adams and keep the red cards and league defeats coming . Obviously if it were a league game or 'important' cup game then i'd want us to win. Just thought i'd clear that up. :$

Last edited:

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
I guess Adams signed and set up a side to get promoted from L2 which , to be fair , he did.
Trouble is , their signings seem to be shorter term with a bigger turnover each season.
It also shows there is a reasonable difference in standards between Leagues one and two which Plymouth are now finding out the hard way.Could a new manager do any better than Adams with the resources available to him , I doubt it.

Last edited:

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Argyle playing pretty much their full strength team. They must really want to win to stop the rot.

https://twitter.com/Only1Argyle

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Argyle playing pretty much their full strength team. They must really want to win to stop the rot.

https://twitter.com/Only1Argyle
:( Quite funny really!

You are blocked from following @Only1Argyle and viewing @Only1Argyle's Tweets.