• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle vs Exeter City Matchday thread

mole221

Bradley wrigh phillips should have been booked. Simple as. The rule says 'A player must be cautioned if:
• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are
provocative, derisory or inflammatory'
and not,
A player must be cautioned if:
• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are
provocative, derisory or inflammatory (unless people have been saying nasty things about him.)

Adebayor was rightly booked a few seasons back, for a fairly similar offence, and wright phillips should have been booked too.

On to the game though, and we were sh*te. No bite in midfield, the defence were standing off of them too much, and the strikers were mucking about too much, when they could have had a pop at goal. Noble isn't ooking good, and I would play Bertie C over him any day of the week, if Harley goes in January, and Bertie's contract isn't renewed, then we aer in trouble, our other two midfielders are great, but we would be better off with Panther than Noble.

IMHO we really missed Tully too, if we were using a bit more depth then we'd be able to push up and challenge them a bit more, and given their defence something to think about.

Does anyone know what happened after the game in the our gate nearest the zoo corner (I think), I was trying to walk out, and saw a city fan being chucked against the wall by the scruff of his neck, by a 'security manager', and next thing I knew people were rushing in to the gate, and being pushed straight back out again, and I as well as a few others were being crushed against the advertising boards. When I finally did get through the gate there was a city fan on the floor looking like he was clutching his head with fans on one side of him, and stewards on the other. Did anyone else see that?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
On to the game though, and we were sh*te. No bite in midfield, the defence were standing off of them too much, and the strikers were mucking about too much, when they could have had a pop at goal. Noble isn't ooking good, and I would play Bertie C over him any day of the week, if Harley goes in January, and Bertie's contract isn't renewed, then we aer in trouble, our other two midfielders are great, but we would be better off with Panther than Noble.
I agree, Noble is sh*te, would much rather have Bertie anyday, at least he gets stuck in!

Last edited:

Pilgrim popov

All joking aside, you guys were crap!!!

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
City are so much more effective in a 5-3-2 formation. If Tully was fit, Duffy could have joined the centre backs, Logie could have been up front with Cureton instead of wasted out wide. It would have been a different game. We really missed Steve Tully yesterday, but we also miss having a stand in for him, as we can't afford to lose Duffy from his central position. I know its all ifs, but I really think that we played into Argyle's hands yesterday and gave them the sort of opposition that they could beat.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah our boys needed to take the gloves off and get stuck in and they did not.
yeh, and socks too. I mean how whimp to have yer socks pulled up. get em down and show you mean business. Shin pads? Dont talk to me about those. FFs be men, shin pads are for flowers. Oh, and those bleddy long sleeved shirts as well.

Roy Hodgson

Bradley wrigh phillips should have been booked.
He was spoken to back at the halfway line. I guess the ref will put this in his match report. Whether anything further happens, will be interesting, but will guess nothing.

Argyle

All joking aside, you guys were crap!!!
Crap? they were f*cking awful mate! Cant accept that our first goal counted and even if it wasnt we still dominated the match and scored again the second half. 2-0 Argyle, deal with it excretia

grecian till i die

Crap? they were f*cking awful mate! Cant accept that our first goal counted and even if it wasnt we still dominated the match and scored again the second half. 2-0 Argyle, deal with it excretia
f*CK OFF YOU GREEN F*CKING C*CK GO BACK TO CORNWALL AND EAT YOUR F*CKING GINSTER PASTIES, WE LOST 2 - 0 TO YOU HOWEVER WE BEAT YOU 2 - 1 LAST TIME AROUND SO IN MY EYES WE ARE EVEN SO F*CK OFF BACK TO YOUR SLIME GREEN CUPBOARD P.S YOUR A ***** :p

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
yeh, and socks too. I mean how whimp to have yer socks pulled up. get em down and show you mean business. Shin pads? Dont talk to me about those. FFs be men, shin pads are for flowers. Oh, and those bleddy long sleeved shirts as well.
Put simply and as the Aussies would say:

Harden the f*ck up !

Argyle

f*CK OFF YOU GREEN F*CKING C*CK GO BACK TO CORNWALL AND EAT YOUR F*CKING GINSTER PASTIES, WE LOST 2 - 0 TO YOU HOWEVER WE BEAT YOU 2 - 1 LAST TIME AROUND SO IN MY EYES WE ARE EVEN SO F*CK OFF BACK TO YOUR SLIME GREEN CUPBOARD P.S YOUR A ***** :p

What time did you go to bed last night? You seem rather cranky :)

Argyle 2 Excretia 0

**** Sorry! Web links not allowed for new users ****
This is an effort to combat spam postings. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Last edited: