• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Please - Can the commentators be moved....

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we can pull back from the 'Pete's moaning about the short stand again' viewpoint for a minute. This actually makes sense: The Cowshed (or Doble/Flybe whatever) side of the ground is the real heart of the club. Having the dugouts and tunnel in shot also makes for good television - watch MOTD later and see how many times they cut away to Managers' reactions and subbed players kicking water bottles.

A decent camera gantry in the narrow point of the triangle by the Jungle Path would be able to see the whole pitch, dugouts, fans on the BB, Doble and Away End. The only thing it wouldn't have an unrestricted view of would be the fans in the NOG.
Thank you for the above old bean - much appreciated. You've more or less outlined all the positive points I suggested at the top. You think a camera gantry needs to be as far away as the narrow bit of the gap though? It would require a versatile cameraman who's good with a zoom lens as the play goes from end to end.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I'm sure it isn't going to happen, but I agree that if it was possible it would have been a good place to locate a tv gantry. Would also like a large advertising scoreboard in this area as well.

Originally the press were certainly going to be located in the new stand as early plans had some seats in the top corner with tables for laptops but don't think the tv gantry was planned to be moved. Having spoke to someone involved I think it cost a little under a grand to put in the necessary connection to move the commentators across once the old grandstand was coming down.

PeteUSA

I'm sure it isn't going to happen, but I agree that if it was possible it would have been a good place to locate a tv gantry. Would also like a large advertising scoreboard in this area as well.
Well Rich, one can only hope that the club puts the camera swapover back on the club/trusts agenda again. If the plans you outlined were all in the pipeline once, with places within the NOG outlined, then surely the club will see sence in just erecting a gantry somewhere next to the NOG. Regretfully this thread is littered with posts containing profanities and general rudeness; I hope people with genuine helpful input will come back, and not be put off by bygone comments, one even latterly injected by Moxey, I suppose not surprisingly.

Antony Moxey

What makes you think your own posts are worth considering? You’re quick to condemn those who don’t agree with you, but have you ever considered that it might be you who’s posting utter nonsense?

PeteUSA

What makes you think your own posts are worth considering? You’re quick to condemn those who don’t agree with you, but have you ever considered that it might be you who’s posting utter nonsense?
The above is bollox Moxey! One thing I dont do intentionally is "condemn" other peoples viewpoints. I'm the sensitive type and I dont intentionally invite abuse the likes of which I recieved earlier in this thread and latterly by you. You dont give a rats a** about where a thread is regarding the original topic and just weigh in with nonsense comments like "shut up you berk"! A really nice touch from someone who I know knows better.

fred binneys head

Exeweb gold.

Temporarily Exiled

I agree with Pete on this. Putting the best foot forward for the club means showing the (usually more full) Main Stand. Many scoff, but videos for YouTube / TV highlights are what potential signings see, and potential supporters too. If we're serious about not being perceived as 'little old Exeter', then this is one small way to help remedy that.

I think some good points have been brought up regarding access though. There will undoubtedly be more kit now than in the past, and while rickety ladders may have been given a pass 40 years ago, that wouldn't stand today. Any separate gantry may also end up blocking some views from the NOG, unless the camera was lowered significantly.

It'd be nice for the club to look into it, just find out some costs / whether it's practicable.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The main reason at present for the Doble being as full is because the NOG isn't open and once it is open fully there may well be a few people want to relocate into that stand from the Doble due to it being brand new.

Any potential new signings aren't going to be bothered about what the ground looks like they are only there for a few hours every other week , as far as tv highlights go how long are we on the EFL show and how much of those highlights show the ground itself its show the goals being scored and celebrations + any incident that may have an impact on the game.

Why should the club spend money on looking into something that doesn't need fixing ?

RobG

Looking on Twitter, numerous fans from other clubs have commented and asked why we only have half a stand. No doubt it is a talking point.

iscalad

Please refer to post #2