• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playgrounds...

Forever7

So what did you like playing on when you were a child? And for any parents with young kids out there, what have you seen that made you wish it was around when you were young, or that you were four again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Always loved swings, and couldn't wait to build one for the kids when they were little. They were also quite partial to slides too, so I built one of them as well. I don't think either were available when I was growing up, at least not in their current metal frame and plastic guise that you can buy in most toy shops these days.

angelic upstart

Those springy things, swings and roundabouts innit?

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
loved roundabouts but hate getting dizzy now - weird!
Loved swings too - used to sit on the swings and my granddad used to stand in front and let us kick him on his bum/back and he would fall over! Loved it great memories!

Swanaldo

The last time I saw the upstart, we spent time on the roundabout and see-saw. I also had a go on the slide. We then hitch hiked one-and-three-quarter miles across Somerset at midnight.

True Story.

Swanaldo

Anyone done 'through the keyhole' recently?

angelic upstart

The last time I saw the upstart, we spent time on the roundabout and see-saw. I also had a go on the slide. We then hitch hiked one-and-three-quarter miles across Somerset at midnight.

True Story.
I believe Exewebs own Bob Wilson can vouch for part of this.

Oldsmobile-88

When i was a kid,a popular ride in the playground was a bench supported in the corners,which made a rocking motion.Anyone walking behind it when it was swinging would probably have been knocked out!.....I can't recall what it was called though....All i can remember was hanging on for dear life...

There used to be one in the park at Temple Road..

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a park in Bath which my mate calls Drunken Adventure land and it's pretty much perfect. It's got big slides, small slides, roundabouts, swings, springy things, a zip line and a skate park which doubles as a death slide when you're ****** :D

Last time I was there it was the roundabout and slides which caught my drunken eye.

Oh and when I was a kid I liked swings :D

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
When i was a kid,a popular ride in the playground was a bench supported in the corners,which made a rocking motion.Anyone walking behind it when it was swinging would probably have been knocked out!.....I can't recall what it was called though....All i can remember was hanging on for dear life...

There used to be one in the park at Temple Road..
Uncle Tom Cobley. They has one at St Thomas Park too. It was brilliant!
You could get about 30 kids on there at one time.

I always liked the Witches Hat too. *cue comments from other users about me being a witch........*