• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Players Wages

Grant C

Ah, therein lies a question or three.

He is one of the latest batch of duly elected officers if the Trust, a trustee who's primary function is one to make sure the club is being run in a financially stable manner, trouble is he has a checkered career in business involving a fair bit of loss making, with the coup de grass being that he is now being paid by the club, the very people he is supposed to be regulating.
I'm not fully acquainted with the specifics of how the club is run, etc. but to have someone who is supposed to be a financial 'watchdog' being paid for by the club does sound a bit iffy!

Is it the same Jay Milling who is/was a franchise manager for Domino's pizza (as per Google)?

Willy Nilly

Gates will clearly be down next season because of the lack of local derbies.

The club needs to work as hard as they can to get new supporters through the gates to make up for the fall in away support.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is it the same Jay Milling who is/was a franchise manager for Domino's pizza (as per Google)?
The very same, and the same Jay Milling that heavily involved in the pride of Devon debacle for which the club is still counting the cost, and the same Jay Milling that was interviewed for 'Norrie's job' but got rejected along with half a dozen others, but let's face it, it was always 'Norrie's job'. The same Jay Milling who's previous business ventures could not be described as major league successful, just a little baseball reference there to segway into another Jay fact, he is an American.

Perhaps I should at this juncture state that I have never met Jay, I do not know him, I have never had any dealings with him, although I know some who have and have not been impressed, my issue is not really with the man or his capability to do the job for which he is 'employed', Governance and the BoS's apparently lax attitude toward it is my thing.

Poultice

Hey Willy ma Nilly, you seem to have hit a whole box of nails on their heads here, any chance you would be available join RW's high powered committee on guessing the crowds ?

The lack of derbies and 'big clubs' will be a factor, as will the general lack of money, but far and away the biggest factor will be the results, particularly at home, how RW's boys budget for that I have no idea.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
The very same, and the same Jay Milling that heavily involved in the pride of Devon debacle for which the club is still counting the cost, and the same Jay Milling that was interviewed for 'Norrie's job' but got rejected along with half a dozen others, but let's face it, it was always 'Norrie's job'. The same Jay Milling who's previous business ventures could not be described as major league successful, just a little baseball reference there to segway into another Jay fact, he is an American.

Perhaps I should at this juncture state that I have never met Jay, I do not know him, I have never had any dealings with him, although I know some who have and have not been impressed, my issue is not really with the man or his capability to do the job for which he is 'employed', Governance and the BoS's apparently lax attitude toward it is my thing.

I also have no personal knowledge of Mr. Milling or whether he's good at the job.

But I share the concern about governance, if what's being reported is correct (and I accept that's "if").

Who on the BoS and Club board though it was OK in goverance terms for Mr. Milling to undertake both roles and merely be prepared to leave the room if asked when the most obvious conflicts of interest arose?

And why did the BoS apparently consent to both Mr. Milling and Mr. Tagg being appointed in the manner they were?

I suppose it's the same old story of the owners / majority shareholders of a business having little real say in the way in which the managers of their business, who are its employees, run it.

But it'd be nice to know what's really going on.

The club needs to work as hard as they can to get new supporters through the gates to make up for the fall in away support.
and they're not doing a great job, there's a story on the OS asking for volunteers to distribute fixture posters so I e-mailed the address given only for it to bounce back cos it doesn't exist...

Poultice

And why did the BoS apparently consent to both Mr. Milling and Mr. Tagg being appointed in the manner they were?

But it'd be nice to know what's really going on.
Not all that bothered about the appointments per se, you don't keep a dog and bark yourself, we are paying enough for our veritable cornucopia of Directors, it might be seen as rude to give them all that money then not expect them to make the odd decision, although it did seem somewhat strange that one BoS member had some input into the Tagg decision, all for one and all that.

Lister

and they're not doing a great job, there's a story on the OS asking for volunteers to distribute fixture posters so I e-mailed the address given only for it to bounce back cos it doesn't exist...
Seems to have worked for me, what address did you send it to?

Antony Moxey

Looking at today's echo Tis has said their might be another player to come in but wages budget was spent.
How could it be? We offered terms to Cureton and he went elsewhere - where's that money gone then?

FAN-TATIC

How could it be? We offered terms to Cureton and he went elsewhere - where's that money gone then?
The question is AM, Exactly when did we offer terms to Cureton? Was it before the end of the season or after it. If it was before then Tis could have come to the conclusion that there was no way that JC was staying so the salary offered to him went to help fund increases to Duffy, Noble and Nardiello and the acquisition of Bauza, Coles and Pidgely.

Tisdale says there may be one more signing, which I think may be Carl Stephens from Poole.