• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player of the season

dontpassback

Anyone who either,keeps clean sheets or scores enough goals to enable automatic promotion!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Young Player of the Season will be a tough call. Josh or Joel?

flack attack

Agreed that there's plenty of time to go, but Jay and Bowman are fair shouts. Key and Randall have had excellent effectively debut seasons, but not sure that either is in the running for me. Got to have the centre midfielders in the running. Archie Collins has become a rock solid and somewhat unsung centre-mid albeit, for me, slightly outshone by Jake Taylor. There's a reason that Jake Taylor regularly wins Players' Player and gets namechecked by players in interviews. I think he possibly did have a bit of a lull last season in terms of what he brought to the team from an attacking perspective, but it was so noticeable how our form dipped when he was injured a few weeks back. Obviously same went for Bowman when he was suspended. Hopefully we can keep all of those players on the pitch regularly for the remainder of the season and I'd feel fairly confident about our prospects if we do.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps the thread title should be 'player of the season so far.'

While the younger players will rightfully get a lot of the attention I'd like to put in a word for Jake Taylor who, with his usual lack of fuss, is very quietly having what I think is by far his best season in a City shirt. Also if Lewis Page can stay fit for the last 14 games he will surely also be a contended for player of the season.

Ash

This has been Jake Taylor's best season for us in my book. Sadly for him, the same can be said for Matt Jay, Ryan Bowman and Archie Collins. Not to mention the breakthroughs of Key and Randall. MJ is ahead for now but with loads of time still to go, he could be caught. Personally I don't think he will be though, looks to be in it for long haul this season.

IndoMike

Obvious candidates Senior Player
Jake T
Archie C
Big Ryan Bowman
Matty J
Sweenz (for fighting for his shirt when under serious pressure)

Obvious candidates Young Player
Key
Randall
Hartridge

grecIAN Harris

With fourteen games to go it's a bit early to be going for nominees but thus far PotY there's only one real candidate, Matt Jay. YPotY you could argue a case for Randall but Key has been the far more consistent of the two.

Banksy

I have it on good authority that this will be the first year of a new club award , Clubs‘ Cleanest Boots.
Ajose was last seen with it heading up Sidwell Street looking for the nearest engravers.

Last edited:
Cleanest boots? That’s got to be Hartridge with his goal gif!