• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Play-off final venue

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have to say I couldn't disagree more with pretty much everything you written there, especially the access bit. I thought it a complete piece of p*ss to get to the ground and back and struggle to see how Sunday could have been any easier.
You couldn't disagree more or you couldn't agree more?

A Slacker

I would agree with the majority - Wembley is the right place for this game to be held.

It is a stunning stadium both inside and outside. I was at Twickenham on Saturday and Wembley is so superior in every way.

Attendance at any other venue would see a significant reduction in the numbers going as Wembley is so iconic and a great day out for so many people.

In terms of transport, public transport links are excellent. If you drive you take a risk. I drove, looked up parking options, parked 10 mins walk away and was on the M4 within half an hour of the game finishing. If you want a quick getaway do not park near the stadium.

Antony Moxey

You couldn't disagree more or you couldn't agree more?
Disagree. I thought I was pretty unambiguous with what I wrote.

elginCity

I was at Twickenham on Saturday and Wembley is so superior in every way.
Really ? Strange that as I thought the very opposite. I prefer the steeper rake of Twickenham, akin to the Milennium Stadium, tighter, everyone is closer to the pitch and makes for a far better atmosphere.

As far as I'm concerned, Wembley is a **** venue. It lacks atmosphere, whether full or not, access from anywhere is terrible, and the prices stink. The build cost of nigh on £800m is frankly embarrassing and the arch doesn't provide anything like the character of the old twin towers. The atmosphere would be so much better if fans were closer to the pitch, but in my view the national stadium should not have been located anywhere near Wembley.

The Principality (Millennium) Stadium cost a fraction of Wembley at just over £120m with a capacity about 5/6 of Wembley and a much better atmosphere.
Gotta disagree here. Wembley is great. You can't blame Wembley for lack of atmosphere, that was the supporters fault. I jave been to an FA Cup final and a Championship playoff final and both had amazing atmospheres.

The prices have decreased by a lot. I paid £4.90 for a pint on Sunday,back in 07 or 08 I paid about 8 quid for a horrible Carlsberg.

Access couldn't be easier imo. Straight off the tube and youre there.

IndoMike

Disagree. I thought I was pretty unambiguous with what I wrote.
So Dance Magnet thinks Wembley is carp, you think it's carp, but you couldn't disagree more = you really disagree with him. Does that make sense to you?

Antony Moxey

So Dance Magnet thinks Wembley is carp, you think it's carp, but you couldn't disagree more = you really disagree with him. Does that make sense to you?
Wait, what? You sure you're not thinking of someone else? I don't think I've ever said I disliked Wembley.

IndoMike

Wait, what? You sure you're not thinking of someone else? I don't think I've ever said I disliked Wembley.
Must be that other bloke...