• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

play alikes

old and grey

Of our current crop of players, many remind me of some stars we had in the past.
Dunne to me, is just like John Delve, Cureton like Neville, and Harley like Lammie Robertson,are there any others we could think of?

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Of our current crop of players, many remind me of some stars we had in the past.
Dunne to me, is just like John Delve, Cureton like Neville, and Harley like Lammie Robertson,are there any others we could think of?
Nobody could possibly compare to Steve the Weave. The perm flowing behind him as he tripped over a blade of grass in the penalty area is a never to be repeated sight.

Jamie had been a great addition, but Nevs he aint.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In terms of importance and play-making, I can see some similarities between Lammie and Ryan, but I don't see Ryan turning around and smacking an opposition player!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nobody could possibly compare to Steve the Weave. The perm flowing behind him as he tripped over a blade of grass in the penalty area...

Three things I wouldn't attempt...'

1. Bungee jumping using the elastic from Poults 'skids'

2. Swimming in shark infested waters with my trunks stuffed with sardines.

3. Tackling Stevie Nevs in the penalty area.

ForeverECFC

James Dunne - Steven Gerrard

Ian Mancey

IMPO Harley nothing like Lammie!

Lammie far superior in skill & aggression

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
IMPO Harley nothing like Lammie!

Lammie far superior in skill & aggression
He is very aggressive when it comes to his round in the pub..........................................................oh not that Lammie!!! :D

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor - Shaun Taylor, very very similar IMO although Matty's distribution is better but thats probably the only difference

Last edited:

old and grey

The only players that i thought were REALLY smililar were Dunne and Delve,but didn't Robertson always have time on the ball,the ability to find space, didn't shoot as well as Harley, but was a bloody sight more agressive.Nevertheless i thought there were similarities.Neville and Cureton, both natural goalscorers, fast over short distances,and neither of them at their peak with city, but players you will talk about for many years.The two Taylors, similar, but Shaun just a little bit better all round imo.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor - Shaun Taylor, very very similar IMO although Matty's distribution is better but thats probably the only difference
He's better than Shaun,

He's better than Shaun!

That matthew Taylor,

He's better than Shaun!