• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pitchfork Action Group - Update 64 members and growing

Thames Valley Red

Time for an update ?

Where do things stand TVR ?
As only a member of Pitchfork as a community this is where I see the organisation is at the moment. We now have 170 members who have actively joined the group, and to brutally honest due to ill health and maintaining my Company through this point, I personally have not had any form of time to push this forward. You will see many others have commented on the Pitchfork Group from within. We do not hide and its an open group, we have only banned some Argyle idiots from from the Group. We are totally open and we agreed to let it build to 200 members before we step out and challenge the Trust. Many of us our Trust members and should we vote in block we would probably win the vote. We wish to show our support for the club, without being associated with the Board or the Trust.

The Group values are below:

This is group is a focal point to constructively put your views to the Exeter City Board and also to the Exeter City Trust. No personal abuse will be deemed acceptable. This is an open transparent and proper group, you should act accordingly please. Treat your fellow supporters with respect and let us start building solutions to take the club forward. It is time for change!

We have had one open meeting on-line with a voice conference and we are due to have another one shortly. No protest was planned for Saturday as we wanted to support the team and we have time on our hands. The fact that 170 people have shown open dis-satisfaction, should concern the club and the Trust. Our next steps are not determined at this point. Also its is NOT my group, it will be guided by its members.

UTC

TVR

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought that the way that it ended in name calling showed a real unity and common goal.

What is the goal, by the way?
If anyone wants to share the answer to Log's last sentence that would be great, cos I'm curious as well

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apologies for implying you were heading this up Al.

However, somebody is going to have to lead if this is going anywhere at all.

Thames Valley Red

Alistair I am not precious dont worry, I would like to see 200 members and to be honest we should adopt a mature approach and contact both the club and the if the Trust continues to ignore its members it will continue to become part of the problem. We need unity and direction and we do not need arrogance and small time thinking. It is clear within the group we have Company Directors and senior professionals in industry and we can all see that corporate governance, PR and communication is poor. People have been treated with a lack of respect and as mushrooms. My advice to the Trust is communicate and engage. There is money out there just sitting that could be harnessed to support the club. There are also solutions to issues at the club. Serving notice on the 2-year rolling contract to the manager would be a start from my personal perspective. We should cancel Brazil as its a disaster and we should work out how to get ECFC working better as an organisation.

UTC

TVR

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry it just got to me that TVR was lampooned when he actually said that everyone should get behind the team for the match, which they did - and he got some grief for their being no demonstration. I don't believe that hardly anyone at the match yesterday believed that it was the right time for a demonstration.
Who gave TVR grief? Not me. I got abused so gave it back and nor did I call EVERYONE gutless.

So please get the facts right, rather than changing em to suit what sounds better for your point.

Bittners a Legend

Don't really know anything about this group or any protest but I don't think yesterday would have been the time. A protest on the back of that performance and securing our league status would have either got no publicity or negative publicity. In reality I think the pressure has to be put on the Trust - the club have no interest in changing and we probably would end up in administration before they admitted anything was wrong or took personal responsibility. We just have to hope that now the season is basically over the Trust intend to devise a plan which involves significant off-field cuts and the revamping of the Club Board. It remains my opinion that the Trust, and fans, should have a majority vote on the Board and it is bizarre that they don't in my eyes.

motorservices

Who gave TVR grief? Not me. I got abused so gave it back and nor did I call EVERYONE gutless.

So please get the facts right, rather than changing em to suit what sounds better for your point.

now i dont really think thats true, i do believe you called the home fans GUTLESS IE casting the first stone, shame it got taken down, as like i said it was rather funny

motorservices

Don't really know anything about this group or any protest but I don't think yesterday would have been the time. A protest on the back of that performance and securing our league status would have either got no publicity or negative publicity. In reality I think the pressure has to be put on the Trust - the club have no interest in changing and we probably would end up in administration before they admitted anything was wrong or took personal responsibility. We just have to hope that now the season is basically over the Trust intend to devise a plan which involves significant off-field cuts and the revamping of the Club Board. It remains my opinion that the Trust, and fans, should have a majority vote on the Board and it is bizarre that they don't in my eyes.
Is the correct answer, but to have known that you would need to be at the ground, that was part of it

NotDannyColes

********. You called everyone who was there 'gutless', and you started the abuse long before any was given back to you.

Thames Valley Red

Shabba love the internet me...twas not you and its hardly abuse what was said, more a mis-understanding. Love the internet me!