• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pitch Inspection

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its looking a lot better outside now.....That band of heavy rain has now gone....The groundsmen will be busy..

grecIAN Harris

Ian you are very ill informed me old son. New culture with a new local manager playing local lads who just want to play football.

They are playing at a crap standard for the size of the town but things are improving.
Not so much ill informed, just working on past history. When Town have ever been any good, they've shelled out to get there and when they've been in the doldrums it's because they haven't got to brass farthings to rub together. That's how they ended up playing in the Peninsular League in the first place because they couldn't afford to travel to places like Calne and Devizes.

iscalad

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Brian Moore

What's say? Links not working for me.
No inspection yet.

LOG

No inspection yet.
Well, not before the officials arrive.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the official site...

'Today's game against Colchester is currently going ahead.'

Looks like they've kicked off early - maybe to avoid further rain this afternoon! ;-)

Alistair20000

From the official site...

'Today's game against Colchester is currently going ahead.'

Looks like they've kicked off early - maybe to avoid further rain this afternoon! ;-)
Nice one !

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gates at away end open when I passed ground an hour ago, & then again 10 minutes ago. An hour ago, there was a fair bit of standing water in the corner of the Doble & away end, & in patches along Doble touchline, but rest of pitch looked ok. 10 minutes ago, all the standing water had been rollered off. However, the surface towards the corner was still very soft - with water rising to the surface when stood on. More rollering should carry on easing that problem though. If the current weather conditions prevail, game should certainly go ahead.

Grecian2K

Recalling the magnificent performance, ankle deep in water, to wrest a vital point away from the Nou-Layer earlier in the season "the wetter the better", I'd say!!! ;) :)