• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pitch Inspection Friday Morning

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, that was all a bit of an anti climax.

Well, that was all a bit of an anti climax.
I've heard that one before.

Geddon_Boys

Great! More work for me!

greenawayr

I imagine, even with the nice new pitch and thaw, that the amount of moisture in the pitch is going to make it heavy going.

Prediction, Troy to have cramp after 60 minutes rather than the usual 75 minutes!

FAN-TATIC

What the bloody hell are City playing at! I was convinced that they had just reason to believe the game would be off, for what other reason would you make such an early pitch inspection.

It was no secret that temperatures in Exeter would drop below zero on Thursday night and that a rise in temperatures was expected on Saturday.

If they are confident this morning that the game will go ahead on Saturday if temperature rise, why were they not so confident when deciding to have such an early inspection.

My apologies Jay, I thought we were dealing with intelligent people, looks like they need a trip to an assertive training course.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
What the bloody hell are City playing at! I was convinced that they had just reason to believe the game would be off, for what other reason would you make such an early pitch inspection.

It was no secret that temperatures in Exeter would drop below zero on Thursday night and that a rise in temperatures was expected on Saturday.

If they are confident this morning that the game will go ahead on Saturday if temperature rise, why were they not so confident when deciding to have such an early inspection.

My apologies Jay, I thought we were dealing with intelligent people, looks like they need a trip to an assertive training course.
Haha I told you. To quote the website:

"It was decided it was a little too early to call" - you don't f*cking say.

We are a sh*tly run club sometimes.

FAN-TATIC

Her in doors is looking rather glum at the news! At least I've got a smile on my face. It's an ill wind Otter Nurseries!

Now Fan-T don't get too optimistic!

grecianstew

You are right, it would have been far better to have made a decision without bothering to look or seek some informed advice. Now that's the way to run a club;)

rich13

mid morning tomorrow, is that before 10.45 as thats the train i'm planning on getting.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hmm - no decision ...

As I am heading down towards City nice and early for the Trust Forum tomorrow - anyone want to start a sweepstake as to how far I get before its called off?