• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pitch In fund raising

mumbo

OK. I've got a couple of ideas organised, any support from fellow Exewebbers will be very welcome.

ECFC Quiz Book

17 Quizes based on our Division 1 away games - from Leeds in August to MK Dons in January.
All for £2, available in City Red or Marriott Pink.
We'll be selling them in & around Red Square before home games or contact me on [email protected]

From quiz 16.
He played for Yeovil Town in 1985, a famous sportsman, but NOT a footballer ( 3,6 )

The Bucket is Back!

The days when we used to sling our loose change in a bucket as we left SJP are long gone, but the bucket refuses to die - it's gone virtual.

All you have to do is let me know everytime you'd like to throw some cash into the bucket & how much.
Just email me on [email protected] & I'll keep a record of, say, your 50p donations & at the end of the season I'll do the sums, contact you & ask for your cash.

So, whatever moves you, elation, frustration, love for our Club & a desire to support Pitch in for City, please get in touch.
I have a few coins rattling round in the virtual bucket but there's infinite space for more.
Just £1 from everyone reading this would be a huge contribution to Pitch In.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Elaine Davis.

In case you're unsure of getting involved please know that since the beginning of the season I've raised £700 - with the support of the East Devon Grecians - by selling a quiz on the coach to away grounds & by carrying on Dacre's Grecian Goal pledge idea via the EDG website.
Be prepared for me to ask you all to join in next season!

Thanks for reading this far, oh & its Ian Botham btw.
Elaine.

StixUK

OK. I've got a couple of ideas organised, any support from fellow Exewebbers will be very welcome.

ECFC Quiz Book

17 Quizes based on our Division 1 away games - from Leeds in August to MK Dons in January.
All for £2, available in City Red or Marriott Pink.
We'll be selling them in & around Red Square before home games or contact me on [email protected]

From quiz 16.
He played for Yeovil Town in 1985, a famous sportsman, but NOT a footballer ( 3,6 )

The Bucket is Back!

The days when we used to sling our loose change in a bucket as we left SJP are long gone, but the bucket refuses to die - it's gone virtual.

All you have to do is let me know everytime you'd like to throw some cash into the bucket & how much.
Just email me on [email protected] & I'll keep a record of, say, your 50p donations & at the end of the season I'll do the sums, contact you & ask for your cash.

So, whatever moves you, elation, frustration, love for our Club & a desire to support Pitch in for City, please get in touch.
I have a few coins rattling round in the virtual bucket but there's infinite space for more.
Just £1 from everyone reading this would be a huge contribution to Pitch In.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Elaine Davis.

In case you're unsure of getting involved please know that since the beginning of the season I've raised £700 - with the support of the East Devon Grecians - by selling a quiz on the coach to away grounds & by carrying on Dacre's Grecian Goal pledge idea via the EDG website.
Be prepared for me to ask you all to join in next season!

Thanks for reading this far, oh & its Ian Botham btw.
Elaine.
Could we not arrange to do an ECFC vs Exeweb match, I hear the Exeweb 11-a-side is magic (so Manc says), I think that would be a money spinner, couple of quid entry!

rogerc

from quiz 16
He also played for Scunthorpe accompanied by a little ditty relating to their name.

whacker

from quiz 16
his friends from the sub-continent refer to him as having a rearside made of a very hard metal :)

Saint James

Could we not arrange to do an ECFC vs Exeweb match, I hear the Exeweb 11-a-side is magic (so Manc says), I think that would be a money spinner, couple of quid entry!
Stix, a tournament is playing planned at the moment and will take place on the evening of Friday 14 May. I will try and post further details by early next week.

Tony

greenawayr

Not sure whether this is the thread for it, but the title suggests so.

Something of a case of after the horse has bolted, but how about a charity fund raising match once the new pitch is in place.

People can bid for the chance to be in the FIRST TEAM TO PLAY ON THE NEW ST JAMES' PARK PITCH!

Either, get the legends out again, or mix it up a bit. Or indeed place 11 to 22 listings on ebay, one for each position and auction the position off for the chance to play in the game.

Ebay gives you a nice safe way of doing it, gives people numerous chances to win by bidding on various positions, some may be more popular than others, and also can reach a wider audience than just the ECFC website.

All money raised straight to Pitch In, plus a grand opening of the pitch, with food and drink and available and of course people with buckets collecting donations.

And even if each position only ended up going for a tenner, it's still a couple of hundred quid plus whatever's taken on the day, and I imagine that positions would sell for more than a tenner.

Thoughts?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Ebay bidding for a place in the team sounds a good idea, greenawayr.
Elaine, maybe you could use Ebay for your virtual bucket? Donations going straight to the pitch in paypal account (if they have one)...

Saint James

Not sure whether this is the thread for it, but the title suggests so.

Something of a case of after the horse has bolted, but how about a charity fund raising match once the new pitch is in place.

People can bid for the chance to be in the FIRST TEAM TO PLAY ON THE NEW ST JAMES' PARK PITCH!

Either, get the legends out again, or mix it up a bit. Or indeed place 11 to 22 listings on ebay, one for each position and auction the position off for the chance to play in the game.

Ebay gives you a nice safe way of doing it, gives people numerous chances to win by bidding on various positions, some may be more popular than others, and also can reach a wider audience than just the ECFC website.

All money raised straight to Pitch In, plus a grand opening of the pitch, with food and drink and available and of course people with buckets collecting donations.

And even if each position only ended up going for a tenner, it's still a couple of hundred quid plus whatever's taken on the day, and I imagine that positions would sell for more than a tenner.

Thoughts?
Greens, an excellent idea, and given that Pitch in fundraising will continue into next season likely to be well supported. The sticking point might be when given that the new pitch will need 'bed in' time so pre-season would probably be out. I'll be happy to support you in putting the idea together.

Tony