• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pierce Sweeney

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think this now gives him legend status
Start a new thread guess the Testimonial team 😂
Aston Villa so Ollie can properly open CH !

Average Joe

Get him on a long contract ready for that multi-million pound bid.
That's never going to happen..

I am very pleased Sweenz has committed, I'm a fond fan of his, he's a confident player and plays well at this level. He's not a championship style player and I'm certain with his build and attitude to win the ball he'll be one of the first GC will be picking whilst in league one.

Congratulations on securing a long term contract with Exeter.

larrywilkie

Stop making up loyalty stories when everyone knows it so far from the truth😗
Yes, sorry. Others outside the club will know far better than someone who has played for the club for seven years. I withdraw my comment ;)

Bat Fastard

Bleddy love sweenz me…like a fine wine

ExmouthMart

When I saw the picture of the supporter experience enhancement screen with ’2026’ on it I was hoping it was Nombe……. But no it wasn’t. It was everybody’s favourite player. No disrespect but surely he’s a squad man now. He’s dependable and says nice things about the Club but we have to tighten up defensively. I honestly thought it would be his last season but obviously Caldwell still sees a role for him. People moaning about the depth of the squad so there you go…….

Grecianpasty

Hopefully this will be a knock on effect for others to sign on the doted line.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love sweenz. Best bit of any match is that little sprint across the 18 yard box when the teams have come out.

Cult hero
That’s my best bit too. Clapping with his hands by his waist as he runs across the pitch. Gotta love Sweenz.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Average Joe

When I saw the picture of the supporter experience enhancement screen with ’2026’ on it I was hoping it was Nombe……. But no it wasn’t. It was everybody’s favourite player. No disrespect but surely he’s a squad man now. He’s dependable and says nice things about the Club but we have to tighten up defensively. I honestly thought it would be his last season but obviously Caldwell still sees a role for him. People moaning about the depth of the squad so there you go…….
What on earth is this..

"It was everyone's favourite player"

Then everyone should be pleased.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was never going to be Nombe hahaha

I think the club should have just straight up announced it - it's Sweeney, we all love him and it's good he's sticking around. But it didn't need a teaser 😅