• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pierce Sweeney Love

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Somebody tell Martin O Neil, love to see him in the Republic of Ireland team!

Stelios

1931 club best signing so far.

Glad that Matt Taylor has the sense to play him at right back , despite all those ‘square peg in a round hole’ criticisms from others.
Guilty as charged. Watched him last year and thought "that guy is never a full back". Didn't look fit/quick enough.

Taylor obviously rates him highly too. Always pleased to be proven wrong. Gives 100%, great strike on him, great delivery, likes a tackle. As someone else said, got all the making of a cult hero (some saw this straight away). Pretty obvious he's a bit of 'character' too and no doubt adds a lot to the dressing room too etc.

Such a great goal. I thought it was a half-volley on Sat but actually a proper volley.

I LOVE U SWEEEEEENZ!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep there's nothing to dislike. A good full back. I doubt he'll play higher than league one but at this level he's very useful.

Last edited:

geoffwp

Oh I think he will snoop. He's young and still developing. He could go far.

Last edited:

budegrecian

Just turned 24 this month I believe, so yes; his best yers should still be ahead of him.
It doesn't seem that long ago that he was getting a real slating on these boards about his physique.
The Republic of Ireland appear fairly well blessed at present in respect of RB's, with Coleman of Everton & Doherty from Wolves so unfortunately I don't see him making their squad anytime soon.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Here you go, 3 seconds of pure delight https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Dnzi2GcXsAEhY6E.mp4

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It was just his luck that he scored this goal the same day McGinn scored a wonder-strike for Villa. As the guy on SSN said, Sweeney's goal would probably have won their goal of the day competition most weeks.

Terryhall

Probably my favourite player in the squad right now. Helluva goal last weekend but he's also a constant outlet for us on the right and has a good cross on him too. Not sure I agree about him being suspect defensively but he is definitely a real asset for us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Has been struck down with chicken pox.

Grecian2K

Has been struck down with chicken pox.
Ouch. Chicken Pox or Shingles? (although neither are particularly nice for adults)

Last edited: