• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

PeteUSA to Liverpool

Legohead

Banned
A tinge of sympathy for Karius from this particular curmudgeon who generally thinks these very well paid players are not deserving of any.
I'm in a similar dichotomy.

Karius is on tens of thousands of pounds a week and whilst he may not play for Liverpool again, he'll certainly get another club prepared to pay him tens of thousands a week so whilst i have sympathy for him in a professional capacity. Nobody wants to see any player go through that unless it was McCormick obviously but on a grander scale the bloke isn't destitute, doesn't have to live in a block of flats inhabited by druggies and doesn't have to plough through relentless days of endless struggle to put food on the table and provide clothes for his kids (or future kids). If you've been through any of the above then you'll hopefully understand why i am saying the following.

So no. I don't feel sorry for him and thus my dichotomy is over.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I wouldn’t shed a tear if it happened to McCormick.
It hasn't already? Come now, you must have been there when Ollie's blockbuster slipped through his hands.

geoffwp

I think he would be better skipping off the return flight, I think only copies of the Sun would be less welcome in Liverpool right now.
I don't think the players would have welcomes him on the flight judging by their reaction at the end. Didn't see any of them go over to him, he was definitely persona non grata.

IndoMike

I don't think the players would have welcomes him on the flight judging by their reaction at the end. Didn't see any of them go over to him, he was definitely persona non grata.
You're right. It has been well-noted that he got little sympathy from his team-mates. He'll get a lifetime sentence from the media for those mistakes. Poor sod.

iscalad

It hasn't already? Come now, you must have been there when Ollie's blockbuster slipped through his hands.
Now you know as well as we do that Ollie slipped.:)

PeteUSA

Okay Conspiracy Theorists: Having studied the Karius evidence over the past couple of days, I'm not convinced that those slipups by him were totally accidental. The first one, okay that could be down to ill judgement and his failure to figure how quickly the scorer would react to a soft throw (which should have been overarm), but that second one! He's got gloves on the size of tennis raquets, yet he tries to deal with a shot that took an age to reach him with closed fists? Even if he'd made contact with that ball properly, where the hell was he directing it to? It would have only run loose to god knows where! I've seen enough of his grief striken face to last a lifetime over the past two days, but unlike most of the rest of the team, not a tear in sight!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Death threats apparently made towards Karius ..... Really ?

He plays for a premiershiite side not some south American football team with cracker factories for fans.

Legohead

Banned
Goalies wearing short sleeved shirts too. Looks weird. Not a good look for a keeper.