• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peterborough United v Exeter City match day thread

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought we did alright today, I saw enough to be confident we’ll easily stay up.
Going to have to bookmark this. Easily stay up???

WXF

Meanwhile, back to the match....

I do feel sinisalo deserves a mention for his performance today, we would have lost by far more but for his efforts. He had little or no chance with those goals, and was unlucky with their first having performed heroics in keeping out the original shot. The best game I've seen him play.
So whose worked out Pete's account password then?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
So whose worked out Pete's account password then?
We all knew it was k33p3c05tus2d4y

malcolms

They've spent about 2 million on two of our players, before you get onto salaries. I don't think they're scraping the pennies together, relative to the level.
With debts of anywhere between 7 and 12 million, it might not be the pennies they worry about..

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I weirdly enjoyed the match today and thought we showed some good elements to our game. Obviously disappointed with the result but I always felt like we had another goal in us. Eisa curled one wide late in the game, Harper also shot wide, and Alli had a header at the end. Alli will be a good player for us, a decent debut today.

2-1 was a fair result but a draw wouldn't have been robbery.

I just want to see the same desire, promise and opportunities created at home matches. It feels like playing away is easier for us, something that also happened in the Tisdale era.

iscalad

We got spoiled by the (and fair credit to the guy) success that Tisdale brought to the club. My memory goes back to the likes of Appleton, Fox,Blake, McNab when we were sh*t.

Some people seem to have forgotten it’s quite possible to have a poor manager.
Lucky you...not being here for Francis.

Mid Devon Grecian

Lucky you...not being here for Francis.
Yeah, thankfully Francis was a bit too early for me. Dad took me to a few games when I was younger, a game against Villa I think and the Leicester & Newcastle FA Cup games. Then started going with mates around 84/85.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We got spoiled by the (and fair credit to the guy) success that Tisdale brought to the club. My memory goes back to the likes of Appleton, Fox,Blake, McNab when we were sh*t.

Some people seem to have forgotten it’s quite possible to have a poor manager.
Watching Noel Blakes Exeter City’s was horrendous we genuinely was an awful football team……

This current one isn’t terrible its just not an enjoyable watch.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
With debts of anywhere between 7 and 12 million, it might not be the pennies they worry about..
Right, I don't know how healthy their accounts are. I do know, beyond reasonable doubt, that the amount they've spent on their team is a lot higher than us.

Mid Devon Grecian

Watching Noel Blakes Exeter City’s was horrendous we genuinely was an awful football team……

This current one isn’t terrible its just not an enjoyable watch.
Fair comment, I just think many have forgotten how demoralising a poor manager can be. We’ve been spoilt for many years.