• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peter Whiston

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't it the penultimate league game this happened? A win would have kept us up and we were one up before the ref awarded a last minute penalty? I think the ref's name was Hamer or similar.

We then went and got a point at Fulham on the last day and stayed up anyway.

LL
Is correct.

Whiston was quality. One of the best CB's I've seen at the park.

Dave Manlove

Agree with everything anyone has said. He was class and a nice bloke with it as well. Remember him scoring a quality goal away at Stoke when we got stuffed at their delightful old ground.

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Remember him also getting sent off for, er, being lamped by Jimmy Quinn, at Reading the day Scotty scored *that* hat-trick.

Remember him getting sent off at york as well...we were 3-0 down and down to ten men after 15 mins.....i remember thinking we had come all that way to be 3 down without our best player ..was the day the number nine song started after paul barnes who despite scoring two of the three missed shed loads of chances.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Best swap deal of all time too. Argyle had a sell on for Whiston when at Torquay and also Darren Rowbotham when at Exeter and we did a player swap an Argyle lost out, ha ha ha! Great:D. Good Pro was Whiston. Happy Birthday.
Yes,a great deal..Bally got slated,but had the b*ll*cks to attend a supporters meeting & say why he made that decision....Rowbotham was not the same player(understandibly) after that horror injury,the Grecians were shipping goals for a pastime The defence was alot more important at that point in time...Dazza of course came back to the Grecians when we were back in the basement division,....

Last edited: