• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pay rise for Tis

tallone

Well done the club for extending his contract to 2 years last year...in addition I feel that Tis should be given as big a pay rise as the club can afford NOW...

1..He deserves it.
2.. Not IF... but WHEN a big club comes knocking, we can get closer the fee we deserve as compensation for losing him.

Discuss.....

The Stig

It's not a 2 year contract. It's a 2 year rolling contract. It means that we get 2 years worth of wages as compensation, and at any moment he has 2 years left. So if he wants he has the job for life!

tallone

Agreed... about the rolling part ...but higher his wage, the more anyone would need to pay to buy out his contract, and IMHO it would need a very large fee indeed to come anywhere near what he is worth to ECFC.

The Stig

The only club I reckon he'd be interested in is Southampton. And he is a very loyal person (what, 7 years at TeamBath?) so I reckon he might stay for a while. I hope so anyway!

Not really bothered if he gets a pay rise or not, i just hope he stays and continues the sensational job job he's sustained the past 2 years ;)

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the man has any nous, and I think we all know he has, he would have negotiated a bonus based on league position and on promotion.

ECFC KARL

Offer him the job for life

Gozzer

He has 2 years job security and that isn't bad these days. He may get a bonus for getting City promoted. He can negotiate a pay rise if he wants I guess, but I don't see why he would be looking elsewhere. There is a job to finish and he has good employers.

Pete Martin (CTID)

I was listening to a brief interview with Sir Tis on Exeter FM earlier and he was asked about speculation regarding approaches from bigger clubs.

It was very comforting to hear him say that he was happy here at City and has no intention of moving anywhere.

Whilst he will obviously move on at some stage I really do not believe that money is not his prime motivation (yes, I know - a rare animal indeed) and Tis is one man whose word I really do believe we can rely on.

I think he would be just as careful, calculating and canny about any future move as he has been in managaing our club.

I think he will move on when and only when he feels he has taken the club as far as he can and overseen the development of the clubs structure off the field as much as on it. He will leave to a club that provides the same potential for development of players, careful planning security and long-term progress beyond our capabillities. At the moment that is npot Southampton as their finances are shot through and the standard of their youth system is likly to drastically fall. He will be here for a while yet rest assure and when he leaves we will appoint a manager of similar mind-set and qualities who will have a great set-up and team to work with!

almiost forgot i completely agree but there is i would think likly a promotion increace to his salry written into hte contract. interesting about the two years seurity too. I knew it was rolling but not that an excellent move by the board and the great man himself a balanced deal on all accounts.

Last edited: