• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not just that, but was a total cult hero there. Bit like Roberto Martinez managing Wigan.

Burnley_Claret

Because he used to play for them.
He wasn't there long, and surely that isn't reason enough to go back and manage a club. Some of your fans have already pointed out that Paul Tisdale turned down a role with Southampton only last year, so the history of playing for a club doesn't always apply.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I like the view that some of you think that it is too soon for Paul Tisdale to take such a position, because he has or is being carried by his backroom staff.
No-one has said they think he's been/being carried by the backroom staff.

Some of your fans have already pointed out that Paul Tisdale turned down a role with Southampton only last year.
No they haven't.

:cool:

Burnley_Claret

No-one has said they think he's been/being carried by the backroom staff.
I agree that its to soon for Tisdale to seriously consider moving to a bigger club. He wouldnt have the likes of Perryman/Yems/Osman there with him. I believe that those three had an emense impact on what Tisdale has achieved over the time he's been at the club.
See above.

(Why is there a 10 character rule on here?)

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Seriously, I wouldn't ever use PeteUSA as an example of fans' opinions. If you had the time, and were completely tired of life, then a trawl through his posts would tell you all you need to know.

As I said, no-one has said they think he's been carried by his backroom staff, (which, even then, isn't the same as backroom staff having an 'immense impact').

Last edited:

journeyman

Have heard that the bookies have stopped taking bets on Paul Lambert, who was previously 15/8 to take the job anyway. Would be doubly as good for us if it is true!

Saint James

Have heard that the bookies have stopped taking bets on Paul Lambert, who was previously 15/8 to take the job anyway. Would be doubly as good for us if it is true!
Two moves in less than 6 months! I know loyalty is out of the window nowadays but that's taking the p

Burnley_Claret

Norwich suggest he is going nowhere, although I wonder what impact today's news about there annual accounts might have.

Burnley_Claret, if you did invite PT for an interview, you would find that it will be much more about PT interviewing your Board than them interviewing him. He is not a 'quick buck' chaser, but will look to ensure that the whole club structure is fit for purpose. He is a young man, with bags of ability and intellect and with time on his side. He doesn't need to rush at every job that becomes available.

Burnley_Claret

Burnley_Claret, if you did invite PT for an interview, you would find that it will be much more about PT interviewing your Board than them interviewing him. He is not a 'quick buck' chaser, but will look to ensure that the whole club structure is fit for purpose. He is a young man, with bags of ability and intellect and with time on his side. He doesn't need to rush at every job that becomes available.
Some disputed barricade, surely anyone that is worth their weight in gold will spend as much of their time interviewing their prospective employer, as their prospective employer spends interviewing them? I would be disapointed if the applicant didn't come to an interview prepared with a long line of questions for us. For me it shows that they have turned up with the attitude that are either a shoe in for the job, or that they aren't too worried if they got it or not.

Whilst Paul Lambert has made an impressive start to his managerial career guiding Wycombe to the League Cup semi-finals in 2007, beating Premier League Fulham and Charlton on the way. Transforming Norwich into promotion favourites behind Leeds in second place in League One, losing just four of his 28 games in charge so far. He doesn't exude loyalty, and I would hope that the club would look to someone like Paul Tisdale, a man that seems to stick to the task in hand, and not someone who is quick to move when a better offer comes along. Well it seems unless that move is the right career move for him.

I must admit Paul Lambert does have an impressive playing record, did he not win the European cup with Borussia Dortmund, along with a healthy amount of International caps?