• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale

Ian Sideman

I tihnk if an offer felt right for SP, he'd take it! at the 3 amigos night, when someone asked Ossie about the Argentina job, he said that if he took it he'd want SP there with him, and I think he was serious!

Peter Taylor apparently wanted SP with him at Wycombe, but for whatever reason it didn;t happen, and when Alex was courted by Winkelman, SP's name was also mentioned. He's still got ambitions in football, and I don;t think he's necessarily here at the club to retire.

Re the backroom staff, Marriott, Marcus, Rob and Mel are all Tis Boys arn;t they? Sure, Mel was here before but was so hacked off he was not coming back.

Ian, re the Saints job, I think if he had wanted it, he could have certainly put himself more in the frame for it.
Yes, ta. Interesting points.

Inglethorpe/Dons is also very interesting. I wonder if, with the benefit of hindsight, AI is happy with his choices.

Also, it's easy to assume everyone wants the sexiest highest profile job they can. Perhaps some, AI included, feel coaching and development is their vocation rather than high profile first team management limelight roles.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Dont think he's ready in terms of experience.

But in terms of a football brain after reading citys recent book he's more than ready.

LOG

Inglethorpe/Dons is also very interesting. I wonder if, with the benefit of hindsight, AI is happy with his choices.
Better WAGS at Spurs, innit. Allegedly etc.

Burnley_Claret

Dont think he's ready in terms of experience.

But in terms of a football brain after reading citys recent book he's more than ready.
Neither did Owen Coyle have the experience, and the only way to gain the experience is to do the job. As I stated earlier in the thread, Burnley will not rule out someone on the basis that they don't have the experience, they will often look for potential and take what might be perceived as a risk.

How many times have you been frustrated by someone saying that you don't have the experience?

CREDYGRECIAN

Neither did Owen Coyle have the experience, and the only way to gain the experience is to do the job. As I stated earlier in the thread, Burnley will not rule out someone on the basis that they don't have the experience, they will often look for potential and take what might be perceived as a risk.

How many times have you been frustrated by someone saying that you don't have the experience?
many times by my mrs :D

maybe , but he wont be in the frame anyway.

Why Coyle would want to go to Bolton is strange IMO in any case , seems a sideways move at best given your form this season.

I thought Ferguson jnr may have had a sniff but he's at PNE , Skysports seems to think Mark Hughes wants to get back in quickly , but aint sure the money would be right,.

LOG

Skysports seems to think Mark Hughes wants to get back in quickly , but aint sure the money would be right,.
F*ck me, he's just had a whacking great pay off. If money was his reason for turning it down, he's a bigger c*nt than i already thought.

Burnley_Claret

We can only think Coyle went to the scum because they have a bigger budget and have a longer history in the Premiership, many see it as a sideways move.

Darren Ferguson would have been nailed on favourite, then the PNE position came up before Owen Coyle had left.

Mark Hughes will allegedly end up managing Turkey, according to the BBC Gossip column :)

CREDYGRECIAN

Maybe , but id back your lot rather than Bolton to stay up just.....

Nugent back to Pompey ?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Tee-hee, slight unravelling in the last post methinks...

Any fule who truly kno Coyle would kno why he would move to manage there.

CREDYGRECIAN

Because he used to play for them.