• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It is interesting to read that Paul Tisdale has turned down positions over this year. Do you know the reasons why he turned these clubs down?
I get the impression that he wants to complete the job here. What exactly that means, I don't know. Probably a sound future (player and infrastructure) and perhaps in the Championship.

journeyman

I get the impression that he wants to complete the job here. What exactly that means, I don't know. Probably a sound future (player and infrastructure) and perhaps in the Championship.
I'm pretty sure that Tis was only interested in jobs that were commuter distance from where he lives near Bath, am I wrong?

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm pretty sure that Tis was only interested in jobs that were commuter distance from where he lives near Bath, am I wrong?
Thats correct. Im pretty sure the reason why he's never moved nearer to Exeter has something to do with his wife who is pretty high up in whatever job she does

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think had the timing been right then we would have been interested in Darren Ferguson, mainly because he was available and you cannot ignore the fact he took Peterborough to Division One (old money) from Division Four in back to back seasons.
You sure about that?

:S

Burnley_Claret

You sure about that?

:S
I meant division two :$

Burnley_Claret

Still no concrete developments to announce. I suspect we won't hear anything until the club has approached the respective candidates, or their clubs.

Reading between the lines you seem to think that Paul Tisdale hasn't finished the job he set out to do at Exeter City, does anyone know what that is? Are you confident that the lure of managing a Premiership club won't be enough for Paul Tisdale to reconsider his short and long term plans (assuming he has these)? Surely every manager wants to progress within the game.

Antony Moxey

Reading between the lines you seem to think that Paul Tisdale hasn't finished the job he set out to do at Exeter City, does anyone know what that is?
No, we think that HE thinks he hasn't finished the job he set out to do.

;)

PeteUSA

Think it might be a bit soon for Tisdale, he vhas done well here but has had a huge amount of help from people like Steve Perryman, I guy you might like to consider
I agree that its to soon for Tisdale to seriously consider moving to a bigger club. He wouldnt have the likes of Perryman/Yems/Osman there with him. I believe that those three had an emense impact on what Tisdale has achieved over the time he's been at the club.

From time to time, Tisdale looks to be out of his depth managing us. Thats a point that I'm sure wont be lost on Tisdale himself. I believe he's hanging in there with us because he hasnt the confidence to go on to greater things with a bigger club. He has a specific comfort zone with the City faithfull, although that will dwindle if we dont start winning an occasional game pretty soon.

LammieLammieLammie

It sounds as though you're inferring he'd think he'd have more success elsewhere. Given his own admission that he knew very little about this division before we were promoted, and the way he works in taking his time to assess his players before looking for replacements, might I suggest he'd be no better off (except financially) if he had left in the summer.
I didn't mean to infer that at all, I just wondered how he felt when he went back to St Marys, that's all, and saw the resources that are now available to the manager.

STURTZ

I agree that its to soon for Tisdale to seriously consider moving to a bigger club. He wouldnt have the likes of Perryman/Yems/Osman there with him. I believe that those three had an emense impact on what Tisdale has achieved over the time he's been at the club.

From time to time, Tisdale looks to be out of his depth managing us. Thats a point that I'm sure wont be lost on Tisdale himself. I believe he's hanging in there with us because he hasnt the confidence to go on to greater things with a bigger club. He has a specific comfort zone with the City faithfull, although that will dwindle if we dont start winning an occasional game pretty soon.
I'd be prepared to wait all the way down to league 2 before I started becoming over critical of the man that has taken us beyond the realms of expectation.

As far as I'm concerned we (Tis and the fans) are all in this together and understand that we have to do what we can with our limited resources whilst not going into the heavy debt that many teams seem to be mounting up. In these tough financial times we can expect to see many more teams going to the wall and who knows, it might just be that the prudent, self financing clubs end up coming out on top.

Sturrock (spit) once said that in the future survival might be seen as success, he seemed to have abandoned that theory in his latest spell at The Gaws but I think it's very apropriate now.

Last edited: