• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale

Burnley_Claret

Good morning.

Firstly congratulations on Exeter City's recent rise up the League from the conference, it has been good to see a trust run club being successful both on and off the field.

Anyway it has been no big secret here in the north that Megson was going to get the sack at Bolton, and that they were going to do all they can to attract Owen Coyle back to Bolton. Given his brief spell there during his playing career and a bigger playing budget, it is no surprise to Burnley fans that he is taking the job. We also expect his first signing to be Chris Eagles.

It has also been fairly well known that the club has been drawing up a shortlist of prospective managers to take over from Owen should he leave, on that list was Paul Tisdale, Alan Curbishley, Gareth Southgate, Billy Davies, amongst a few other names. It is no big secret that we don't have bucket loads of cash to throw at the compensation fee that might be asked for the like of Billy Davies, Chris Coleman and some of the others on our shortlist. I know the board are keen to look at young up and coming managers after it paid off Owen Coyle, so it is no surprise to hear Paul Tisdale's name mentioned on the shortlist.

One thing that certainly worries me is that the board are preparing for relegation this season and are looking to bring in a manager that is young and won't be out of his depth in the Championship next season. Giving him the rest of this season to learn about the squad he currently has at his disposal and where he will need to make changes. If the incoming manager manages to keep Burnley in the top flight, then lets face it, he will become a local hero.

On my last visit to St James' Park we were on the receiving end of a 4-1 defeat to you guys, back in May 1994, in what was League two at the time. I can't remember the goal scorers without digging out the programme from the attic. I do remember that Plymouth Argyle thumped someone that day by an impressive scoreline, I think it might have been Harlepool.

Anyway good luck for the rest of the season, and I look forward to hearing more about Paul Tisdale over the coming weeks.

Clive

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's plenty on here who think he's out of his depth in League One.....

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Paul Tisdale would be awesome for you guys but from Burnleys point of view wouldve thought that youd be aiming for someone more experienced like alan curbishley

Burnley_Claret

Paul Tisdale would be awesome for you guys but from Burnleys point of view wouldve thought that youd be aiming for someone more experienced like alan curbishley
Like I said he board are keen to look at young up and coming managers after it paid off Owen Coyle, so it is no surprise to hear Paul Tisdale's name mentioned on the shortlist.

There's plenty on here who think he's out of his depth in League One.....
No different to what many Burnley fans thought when Owen Coyle was first announced and should it happen I am sure would Paul Tisdale would have the same response.

Joshyd123

Bloody PE teachers, you wouldn't want him..

Red the Paper

Banned
I think Burnley could do a lot worse. Given that Burnley are a forward thinking club who prefer to play football on the deck I would think he would be ideal. Billy Davies is going up with Forest, Southgate is tactically inept and Curbishley's best years are behind him.

Personally, I have always liked Burnley, particularly as the entire town support their team.

Hopefully you won't get relegated

Burnley_Claret

Billy Davies is going up with Forest, Southgate is tactically inept and Curbishley's best years are behind him.

Personally, I have always liked Burnley, particularly as the entire town support their team.
I agree with your comments about Davies, Southgate and Curbishley, I like Chris Coleman and think he has great potential. Though I am sure that Coventry will want a large compensation fee for him, that will be the stumbling block there.

I always thought Exeter had a good local following, unfortunately these days it is very hard to get locals to follow tehir local team. We are fortunate that we have forced many of children to grow up in poverty and value the meaning of money. They therefore cannot afford to support Manchester United. On a serious note Burnley is a very good close knit community, it can even boast that 93.3% of its GDP is obtained from the local area (limited to 25 miles).

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
As stated i think Tisdale would be a excellent choice for you and for the sake of Exeter i hope he dosnt go but a chance to manage in the premier lge if he should be offered imho should be to much for him to turn down!
BUt having said that if i was him i wouldve joined Southampton if as rumoured he had been offered the chance to manage there !

LOG

I have no idea how likely this is, but Burnley are probably the size of club that i would see as a natural progression for Tisdale.

He also comes with his very own flat cap.

StroudGrecian

And cravat.

I'd have thought Darren Ferguson would have been your man but looks like he's going to your pals at Deepdale. Posh were daft to shed him.