• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale-Swans Fan

SwansFan

Paul Tisdale will be Exeter manager next season.
Why hasn't Tisdale himself told the Evening Post he wants to stay then?

Last edited:

Incontinentia

What's your personal view on the various options for your club, SwansFan?

SwansFan

What's your personal view on the various options for your club, SwansFan?
Hmm, I'm not sure to be honest mate. I like the prospect of Speed but I think this time we're better off with someone a bit more experienced. Ideally, I'd like to see Tisdale come in as boss (sorry!) with Speed as assistant. That would be the best prospect for me.

We all thought that Martinez would stay with us for a few seasons more, he even fed us crap such as 'I was kicked out as a player, and it'll have to be the same as manager'. Just the sheer amount of money that Wigan offered him saw him kick himself out. The worst thing is that he's still silent and hasn't said a word to us.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Depends when he spoke to them, I guess.

What are the latest odds on him going? I can't find them on oddschecker.

Last edited:
Personally I hope Tisdale does go to Swansea, I have just looked at the League 1 tables on the BBC website and we are just outside the play offs. Our best players have left and not been replaced and we are not even in the play offs. It's not good enough. (winky thing)

Last edited:

SwansFan

Depends when he spoke to them, I guess.

What are the lastest odds on him going? I can't find them on oddschecker.
They've removed the market because we've gone into talks with Speed. Although I don't think they realise we're just looking at our options and won't be appointing anybody until next week.

Tisdale went down to about 7/4 at one time yesterday.

Incontinentia

Personally I hope Tisdale does go to Swansea, I have just looked at the League 1 tables on the BBC website and we are just outside the play offs. Our best players have left and not been replaced and we are not even in the play offs. It's not good enough. (winky thing)
True, but I see Swansea are in the drop-zone already so I'm not sure he'd accept.

Mackster

He doesn't go out of the way to court the media, he does the bare minimum the job requires. When we were frequently on Setanta (RIP) in the Conference, Gary Waddock at Aldershot was the media darling and Tis didn't take part in their dressing room cameras, touchline interviews, punditry etc.

At the the time many of us fans wanted more exposure for the club and thought maybe he wasn't cut out for this aspect of the game. But in hindsight his focus was the football team, he was not interested in self-promotion.

We know he will move on at some time, but he is interested in the right project and the club would need to have the right philosophy, he is unlikely to jump ship just for an increase in salary. I'm sure it wouldn't have gone unnoticed that Paul Ince was being lauded this time last year, but was about 25-1 for the Swans job.

I would say he is not a willy-waving sort of bloke, a true professional who has his own mind. For him, Tisdale going nowhere, is not a story, and doesn't warrant commenting to the media - but it's great news for us!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
We know he will move on at some time, but he is interested in the right project and the club would need to have the right philosophy, he is unlikely to jump ship just for an increase in salary.
I think our manager is one of a kind, in many respects, and that when deciding where his future lies money simply isn't a factor.

You say he's 'unlikely to jump ship just for an increase in salary' but I'd go further than that, I think it's inconceivable.

I'm convinced a club could offer Tiz £1m a year but he wouldn't be interested unless he thought it was the right club, at the right time, for him.

You might think I'm naive - and perhaps I am - but, IMO, they broke the mould when they made Paul Tisdale.

exeips

You think?

I guess you haven't been here recently then.
It's probably still full of Welsh people though,enough to put anyone off!;)