• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Tisdale-Swans Fan

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
In fairness lads, we thought the same about Martinez, he said that he'd have to be kicked out. In the end, the money that Wigan offered him was enough for him to kick his own arse out the door.

There must be a reason why all the rumours are flying around (that Tisdale has met our chairman), combined with the fact that the odds are dropping.
Yeah, but Martinez isn't Tis.

Keep your money in your pocket.

SwansFan

Oops, shouldn't have posted a link.

You might be right, but we thought Martinez was just as honourable. Could see him coming to us to be honest. Rumours have spread like wild fire that he was down here yesterday.

Last edited:

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't take this the wrong way, but I think Tis would be looking for a club to build. Swansea are pretty close to the crest of the wave, in terms of success and it wouldn't be easy for them to kick on. I think he'd prefer to go to a club with more potential that are in more of a slump, so he'd have a bit of scope to achieve something. Perhaps someone like Southampton, next season, if they're still in League 1. They would have consolidated a bit and would be potentially upwardly mobile under his stewardship. At Swansea, the best he could really hope for would be to replicate this seasons achievements.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im not gonna lie, im not too sure who he is
No one is!! PE teacher at Team Bath (a universirty side) moved to Exeter and takes all his cues from Steve Perryman, he even spends half the game on the phone to him. The players that he signs are either over the hill merchants or no hopers from his old team (I think he signed Matthew Taylor because he has the same name as a good player), or such high flying sides as Weston Super Mare.

Perryman has put in all the work and thank god that we managed to get some loan players in from bigger clubs or we'd have been below Grimsby (and we all know how poor they are (sorry Les :p))

Last edited:

STURTZ

I've heard Mike Lewis is looking for another club.;)

Grecian Max

Oops, shouldn't have posted a link.

You might be right, but we thought Martinez was just as honourable. Could see him coming to us to be honest. Rumours have spread like wild fire that he was down here yesterday.
Rumours are rumours.

I wouldn't put it past him to have met with your guys. If you have an offer, you follow it up and weigh up your options.

He won't go to Swansea. That I can promise you.

SwansFan

Rumours are rumours.

I wouldn't put it past him to have met with your guys. If you have an offer, you follow it up and weigh up your options.

He won't go to Swansea. That I can promise you.
So you say he might have met us, but then he won't join us?

We thought Martinez wouldn't go. Let's face it, and no disrespect intended here, we were paying him about £10k a week, so could afford to offer Tisdale the same, plus a good compensation package to the club with the money we got from Wigan. Don't rule it out...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is it possible that he was down with your club yesterday because we are taking a player on loan, or signing one of your players?

SwansFan

Is it possible that he was down with your club yesterday because we are taking a player on loan, or signing one of your players?
Suppose that's possible, but then don't the players come to you rather than the manager go to them?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Suppose that's possible, but then don't the players come to you rather than the manager go to them?
You aren't getting this are you, Tisdale isn't a normal manger, he does things differently to most people. Besides I can't see him wanting to move to Swansea, you can't play shexy football on a rugby pitch :p ;)