• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Jones

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I love Jonesey and thought he was good yesterday, however on 2 occasions he had no idea what he was doing with the wall. It is a keepers job is it not to set up the wall? It was too far over and then there was a f*cking big hole in it (maybe not his fault) but he just isn't commanding enough.

newburygrecian

I couldn't tell from my angle where he lined up the wall for the goal, but it fell apart when the shot was hit so it didn't really matter. For the second one they were lined up one man outside the post. That one was just a great strike and an equally good save.

flakey pasty

The more things change, the more they stay the same ........
A brand new season, but Mr Jones exactly the same ...
Wonderful shot stopping, but woeful distribution and abysmal communication with his team-mates.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wall setting is a problem for the training ground,doubt we will see a goal like that conceded again this year.We always have these mass panics when we balls up on a set piece.Look at the threads about goals from corners.

malcolms

Wall setting is a problem for the training ground,doubt we will see a goal like that conceded again this year.We always have these mass panics when we balls up on a set piece.Look at the threads about goals from corners.

It's basics, which is the worrying thing.

oldbutwise

Jones was never saving that freekick, the wall was perfect and if harley didn't move in the wall like a wimp then it wouldn't have went in! stop blaming Jones for everything when it's not his fault!

Last edited by a moderator:

Macca

Jones was never saving that freekick, the wall was perfect and if harley didn't move in the wall like a wimp then it wouldn't have went in! stop blaming Jones for everything when it's not his fault!
Agreed, it really is beggars belief that some of you are holding Jones responsible for this.

Sometimes you just have to hold you hands up and and accept that it was a great strike (that the wall that jones set up should of dealt with) and that the keeper didn't stand a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

A377 Lad

The most overated Exeter player we currently have imo, the way people go on about him being one of the best keepers in the lower leagues makes me wonder If I have been permantly drunk for five years.

Gin Trap

good shot stopper showed a few times yesterday a couple of great saves, kicking, decision making, and a couple other of areas let his game down.

iscalad

The more things change, the more they stay the same ........
A brand new season, but Mr Jones exactly the same ...
Wonderful shot stopping, but woeful distribution and abysmal communication with his team-mates.
Good job it isn't the other way round though. ;)