• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Jones ?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Jones was affected by the injury to Williams when scoring their second equaliser - and to a degree by the free kick for the first. Not a good game for him yesterday but personally I'm happy to rely on 'Tis judgment
Yes,i agree on the first point...The free kick from Clare was deflected & that wrong footed him..

KP & Boys

1 minute ahead of the guy in the Argyle shirt at t
I'd pick Jones for both games against Torquay. He has the edge on dealing with the inevitable high balls into the box.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Jonesy hasn't done too bad of late but he was responsible for two goals (the second and third) at Burton, the first he was wrong-footed after a cruel deflection from a mystery free-kick decision, and the fourth was a great goal from Harrad. Ironically, he used to be criticised for his kicking and praised for coming for crosses, but he has been kicking a bit better than usual but flunking far too many crosses now!! I would bring Marriott back in for sure, but if Tis picks Jonesy then I will as usual throw full support behind him.

PeteUSA

I cant believe that PJ will play at Torquay when whichever way you want to put it, he was responsible in some way for two out of the four goals that Burton scored!

Marriott just has to start in the first leg at least! If he f*cks up at all (which you cant rule out), then Jonah plays in the next game!

I dont half wish we didnt have TWO semi dodgy keepers.

Antony Moxey

I can't believe you can change your tune so quickly. Marriott HAS to start?? You weren't saying that earlier.

ChallinorisaGOD

I disagree that Jones was at fault for two of the Burton goals. Both of Harrad's goals were superb finishes and I would not apportion any blame to Jones for those and I believe had it been Marriott who had been in goal and the same happened then no-one would be blaming him, such is the nature of our supporters.

Jones has been as good as Marriott was all season before he starting making basic mistakes (if not, better) in the last few weeks and does not warrant being dropped.

Bazza

Marriott for definate. Jones does not deal well with pressure and doesnt inspire confidence in his fellow players or the fans! Not good enough to play in these next two games for certain!

Gozzer

Tough call for Tis. Jones did not have a good game at Burton. I would be inclined to play Marriot for the Turkey games and if we get through, switch back to the man with the Wembley experience under his belt. I think Tis will stick with Jonesy simply because I can never pick his goalkeeper changes.

Now I'm covered.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Marriott for definate. Jones does not deal well with pressure and doesnt inspire confidence in his fellow players or the fans! Not good enough to play in these next two games for certain!
And how many 'big' games have you seen Marriott play in?

Jones does not deal well with pressure and doesnt inspire confidence in his fellow players. Is this a FACT, or something you believe is the case?

doesnt inspire confidence in the fans I am sure Tisdale will take the fans thoughts into consideration when he selects the team he feels is capable of beating Torquay.

kyunghee

Paul Jones was "Player of the Round" for the saves he made in our FA Cup match at Man Utd.

He was excellent at Wembley last season, when coming in as a late replacement for Rice who had a poor game at Oxford.

To say he "does not well with pressure", is clearly not borne out by the facts.