• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Parking for Home Games (including friendlies)

David Treharne

If you normally drive to games at SJP you ought to be aware of the fact that Union Road is closed from the junction of the Old Tiverton Road and including the junction with Sylvan Avenue. This means that if you normally park in the Union Road/Culverland Road/ Springfield Road/ Victoria Street area for games there are only three exits, either through Prospect Park (which until quarter to eight is the diverted route for the B bus which then travels up/down Springfield Road), up or down Pennsylvania Road or across the University campus.
You'd do well not to ignore the 'Road Closed' signs or the 'Access only' signs as it is very difficult to turn as you approach the 150m of trenches that are slowly moving their way down Union Road, and there have already been some interesting attempts to manouvre out & back down the closed section.
This closure is scheduled for all next week (commencing 13th July) it will be open for the week of the 20th to allow the visitors to Graduation on the Campus to get to it, but then closed for another three weeks whilst they complete the work.
Not very fascinating, I know, but I would anticipate that with the extra traffic for some of these games there is the potential for real snarl up and some frayed tempers.

Saint James

Due to the extension of residents parking ALL visitor spaces in the Culverland Road/ Springfield Road/ Victoria Street area near the ground have been lost to casual parking. Therefore, don't spend time driving around this area as there are no spaces (other than some 2 hr spaces which may be very tight on time)

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Is the Morrison's on Prince of Wales road open yet? Might be nearest free parking now.

Mike Blackstone

Is the Morrison's on Prince of Wales road open yet? Might be nearest free parking now.
They only allow 2 hours free parking in Morrison's in Morecambe, so maybe the same?

dhenley

Wasn't open last Monday when I went past.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not open, due to open in August. Dont park near my house either.

heathy1

Im Park road till I die

denzel

How are the club getting on with their own car park plan? Seems a bit fallacious to rely on off-street parking.

BlockC

Wonder why Stagecoach don't work with club to do park and ride with lots of buses in hour and half before game and then back after for hour. What about trains from Digby park and ride to St James halt as well.

Joshyd123

Dont park near my house either.
Don't park near mine either...