• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

pafc fan here watched you v bury yesterday

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
It wasn't just poor decisions that annoyed me about the officials yesterday, it was the constant stopping of play for petty mistakes (on both sides). It seems that the ref was worried about anyone going near to another player and it put a bad taste on what was actually a quite interesting 0-0 game.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I can only assume that Stansfield was injured after stretching for that shot that almost went in just before he went off. If he wasnt injured then frankly it was a ridiculous decision, he was our only goal threat really.

Old_Grandstanders

Stans the only goal threat, dont think so David.

Granted he played better yesterday than for a long time (I think having a proper striker alongside helped him enormously), but to say he was the only goal threat.

Panther - screamer of a shot in injury time at the end of the first half that the Bury keeper did well to push round.
Logan - the shot that was offside first half, long range effort and a good header in the second half
Harley - two good efforts one in each half.
Seaborne - header that unfortunately went straight into the keepers arms

...and thats just the ones that come off the top of my head.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Stans the only goal threat, dont think so David.

Granted he played better yesterday than for a long time (I think having a proper striker alongside helped him enormously), but to say he was the only goal threat.

Panther - screamer of a shot in injury time at the end of the first half that the Bury keeper did well to push round.
Logan - the shot that was offside first half, long range effort and a good header in the second half
Harley - two good efforts one in each half.
Seaborne - header that unfortunately went straight into the keepers arms

...and thats just the ones that come off the top of my head.
Well Ok then, the main goal threat. Either way he should never have been withdrawn if he wasnt injured, you could almost hear the sigh of relief from the Bury defense

Tony Wizzz

In the Flybe (not in a suit) and having a beer and
you could almost hear the sigh of relief from the Bury defense
Spot on.

UTC[ecfc]

journeyman

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
The one on the OG side was no better mate. Absolutely awful from start to finish. Too slow, always at least half a yard behind play, gave constant wrong offside decisions, waited for the ref to tell him which way the throw-in was, and was completely inconsistent in his decision making. A total disgrace.
It's a bad sign when, on a cold day with a blustery wind, said lino was dripping with sweat, just trying to keep up with play (which he didn't). Not good enough, & not fit enough, to run the lines for professional football.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, at least our man in Arizona will be pleased!! :-O

Saint James

Well your unbeaten run at games I've attended has stretched to five now, and I feel I'm starting to get a pretty good overview of the squad and there also seems a pattern developing of you playing poor in the first half but much better in the second.

First off, no idea how Jones didn't get man of the match - a few of his saves were world class and you easily could have been 3 down at half time. I've been critical of his kicking in the past but I've read on here that he is improved on this aspect of his game over the last few weeks. He obviously wasn't helped by the blustery conditions yesterday but he did seem a bit better than last time I saw him.

The major problem was your lack of presence up front, with the ball being lost in the final third all too often. Out of interest, when is Marcus Stewart back from injury? You've definitely looked a much better team when I've seen him play.

I probably would have given Panther Man of the Match for his sheer effort over the course of 90 minutes. He really seems to have it all and adds some real bite in the centre of the park.

Overall I felt a draw was probably a fair result, although at half time I was wondering how the hell Bury hadn't scored and was half expecting them to score a couple in the second half. Credit to your lads for turning it around 2nd half and making it a much better contest.
DW, I must admit to enjoying your post match analysis. AS a neutral you seem to sum things up very aptly most of the time - keep on coming!

pct333