• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

P.S. Has anyone yet seen our 'October' Planning Application?

first post

There isn't a level of oversupply. Certainly not in terms of the student market which I thought we were looking to tap into.
There is a massive oversupply in Exeter a the moment. St Lukes only had 20 booked in for 2011-12 so didnt open this year and my mate who now works for a student accomodation company in Exeter (who used to work for the club) says that all of the companys, Opal, Point Exe and Signpost are nowhere near being full and are at about 25-30% occupancy.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is a massive oversupply in Exeter a the moment. St Lukes only had 20 booked in for 2011-12 so didnt open this year and my mate who now works for a student accomodation company in Exeter (who used to work for the club) says that all of the companys, Opal, Point Exe and Signpost are nowhere near being full and are at about 25-30% occupancy.
Thank you first post for making such a succint yet knowledgeable point. I have queried the possible level of oversupply for at least the last 3 years but have always been given the rather glib reply that the large expansion plans of the University would never allow that to happen within the time frame under which we are operating.

dommers

The University accommodation may be overpriced but they my mate says they have no problem filling it.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
The University accommodation may be overpriced but they my mate says they have no problem filling it.
"but they my mate says they" ?

FFS Dommers, if you are gonna post at least do it in something that resembles English.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
I'm confused Mr rightwing. I met you at the public display at SJP of the plans and you answered my question with positive reassurance that all the costs would be neutral and things were well on track and now a lot of Exeweb is devoted to you questioning the process on a forum where it is quite possible nobody will answer you. Why not email or write to the relevant parties if you are that concerned.

first post

The Uni has no problem filling its own, its the independant companies that are based around the city that do. As a student where would you rather be situated?

I dont think the club were thinking of going in with the Uni itself ass sureky they would rejuvinate there own areas first. Also as an investor where would you rather develop? A pain in the ass site where you have to build half a stadium or another site where you will get a much higher return withiut the unkowns?

dommers

The Uni has no problem filling its own, its the independant companies that are based around the city that do. As a student where would you rather be situated?
Probably the cheapest! Speaking from experience I'd want to be on the campus to start with and then off campus in the later years.

dommers

"but they my mate says they" ?

FFS Dommers, if you are gonna post at least do it in something that resembles English.
Merely bringing myself down to everyone else's level.

papillon

I'm confused Mr rightwing. I met you at the public display at SJP of the plans and you answered my question with positive reassurance that all the costs would be neutral and things were well on track and now a lot of Exeweb is devoted to you questioning the process on a forum where it is quite possible nobody will answer you. Why not email or write to the relevant parties if you are that concerned.
That would be far to easy Bondy. It is obvious RW likes to massage his ego on these boards he isnt looking for answers.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Merely bringing myself down to everyone else's level.
Dommers,

your arrogance both baffles and alarms me !

ps. the word on the street is that you are PeteUSA's multi.

Last edited: