• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford Utd v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread.

Poundstretcher

Fair result, I think. Kitson and Constable doing ther bits to preserve the stereotype of gingers being hot-headed psychopaths.

Wheeler competed very well in the air - he's got a cracking jump on him / but didn't really see a great deal of the ball at his feet. Davies probably had our best chance, a shot from the edge of the box that was fairly straightforward for the keeper. Oxford had two reasonably free headers, neither of which made Krysiak do any work.

jabba the gut

Scum fail to score again. 1 shot on target in whole game

<G U F F A W >
Newport had 15 shots, 9 corners and nearly 60% possession, which is not a million miles away from Hartlepool's stats when they handed us our ars*s the other day. They won again too, so while there's no excusing that performance, it should be put in some sort of perspective.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Happy with a point away to a good Oxford team. Roll on Saturday. [G]

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
That'll do.

Somebody was telling me that they'd rather not go top at this point in the season in such a tight league, because it just makes you a target.
Is agree with that, always nice to go top mid November and then stay there

City to win this at a canter, trust me ;)

Last edited:

flakey pasty

Wheeler competed very well in the air - he's got a cracking jump on him / but didn't really see a great deal of the ball at his feet.
Agreed. He's a chunky sod who gives it a fair whack with his head.
I thought we looked very solid tonight - although they dominated parts of the game, we never looked in any real trouble.
If anyone was going to win it - it was us.
Well done again, Tis and the boys,

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very enjoyable game despite the periodic thunder and lightning. Even game throughout and both sides well matched. For us, Scott Bennett was superb, playing both RB and CB at different stages Artur was solid, Tommy Doc got a foot in endlessly even if a few of them were late and O Flynn ran his socks off. He had a golden chance half way through the 1st half and should have scored - great 4 man break from their corner, but that and a couple of weak shots second half was the extent of our goal threat.

Thought Gilly did well when he came on and there was a surreal moment right at the death after Kitson's (what a to**er) sending off when we launched the ball from 60 yds to the edge of the box and seven City followed it. It looked all the world like a carbon copy of Logie's 97the minute swivel and equaliser all those years ago, just didn't quite fall to a sky blue shirt.

Oxford were solid too and I thought their centre back paring were particularly impressive.

Onwards and upwards, very much a point gained

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Lightning provided a great backdrop to an great game of football. Shame there were no goals to match the show. We looked solid. Will be happier when Parkin starts a game. Love the lad Wheeler. Came on and instantly had a thunderous shot at goal, which the keeper spilled but no advantage to us. Was a nice feeling being top of the league, if only on the live table and if only at half time.

We gave the ball away too often. Most players guilty of that one. Arron Davies was class. Was hoping that Gow could have provided a bit more of an edge. Kitson was always going to get sent off, nicely wound-up! Neither goal keeper had an awful lot to do. Their Danny Rose deservedly man of the match for Oxford. Couldn't work out why I recognised the name, but he was at Aldershot for nearly a season.

A good night out!

Lightning provided a great backdrop to an great game of football. Shame there were no goals to match the show. We looked solid. Will be happier when Parkin starts a game. Love the lad Wheeler. Came on and instantly had a thunderous shot at goal, which the keeper spilled but no advantage to us. Was a nice feeling being top of the league, if only on the live table and if only at half time.

We gave the ball away too often. Most players guilty of that one. Arron Davies was class. Was hoping that Gow could have provided a bit more of an edge. Kitson was always going to get sent off, nicely wound-up! Neither goal keeper had an awful lot to do. Their Danny Rose deservedly man of the match for Oxford. Couldn't work out why I recognised the name, but he was at Aldershot for nearly a season.

A good night out!
0-0 with Oxford? Away?? its shocking! Tisdale out! the man is clearly clueless!.......... oh wait, like all the haters, I am clearly talking b*ll*cks :)

Last edited:

Olivia's dad

Banned (PM)
Really enjoyed the game tonight, oxford were a big team who could play football, thought city did really well tonight,everyone of them put a good shift in, thought we should of had a penalty late on but ref had different ideas,linesman was a joke.

it was an enjoyable 0-0

ps had some pics of tonight but cant work out how to post them

Last edited:

ECFC traveller

Good to know Plymouth Argyle can't even afford working flood lights though despite the draw.