• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford united -v- Exeter City checkatrade trophy official match day thread

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Valid points Jason, and apologies if I was a bit abrasive in my approach.
Ha, don't worry about it. :)

Leads

It's a free country.

[/url]
Red Tory alert!

Back on point: Really struggling to muster up any enthusiasm whatsoever for this game but I hope we play well and win and try and create some confidence in the squad which can only be a good thing.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
the most I'm hoping for is to avoid a mauling, get some debuts for youngsters (Byrne, Egan, Jay?)

this competition will look rather silly when we play Chelsea youth if by then there's nothing to play for (say Oxford and Chelsea win their first two games against City and swindon - the final round games become (even more) meaningless- a task that seemed difficult to achieve!)

Last edited:

LOG

I expect the queue into the bowling alley car park is right down the road by now.

ChrisWickens

Although only about an hour away I will not be going; combination of the imposition of the U23s, and our lousy form. Be good to get a win though, would certainly bolster the confidence

Avening Posse

I really hope it is youthful players knocking on the door, if they aren't played in games like this then what hope is there for them ?

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Attending City matches is a rare(ish) treat for me, quite frankly I'll grab whatever chance I can get. Those who get to go every week perhaps won't understand.
If watching City is a treat, you definitely having been attending matches lately :)

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I expect the queue into the bowling alley car park is right down the road by now.
I've heard that the West Stand is completely sold out.

malcolms

I've heard that the West Stand is completely sold out.
Well it would be.... that's the open end...... :)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well it would be.... that's the open end...... :)
That qualifies as "joke explained"!