• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our squad at the start of 2012

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
1 Artur Krysiak - Not convinced, makes too many basic mistakes.
2 Steve Tully - Sh*t league 1 player however he has another year on his contract.
3 Billy Jones - Not done enough, rotting away and wasting a wage.
4 James Dunne - I like him however he seems to be going backwards if anything.
5 Troy Archibald-Henville - More patience is required I suppose however he does not seem to be improving much.
6 Richard Duffy - Play him or let him go, by our standards he must be on decent money.
7 Liam Sercombe - Overrated, if we get a half decent bid get rid.
8 David Noble - Decent player technically however his style of play holds the team back.
10 Daniel Nardiello - On his day a real talent however he has too many periods when he is unavailable.
11 Scott Golbourne - Don't rate him at all.
14 Chris Shephard - Too small, not good enough.
18 Danny Coles - Far too slow.
19 John O'Flynn - Potential is there however Tisdale does not get the best out of him.
20 Richard Logan - Time to go.
21 Guillem Bauza - Talented but always injured.
22 Jimmy Keohane - Don't see the point in him being here.
24 Elliott Frear - Not up to it.
26 Scot Bennett - Cheap back up.
27 Jack Furzer - No idea.
28 Aaron Dawson - No idea.
29 Tom Nichols - Give him another year.
31 Callum McNish - Don't see the point in him being here.
34 Chris Hackett (on loan from Millwall)
35 Jake Taylor (on loan from Reading)
40 Lenny Pidgeley - Not convinced.

So in conclusion Cheesie has not assembled much given the length of time he has been here.

Hardly any assets financially amongst that lot either.

What are your thoughts ?

Last edited:

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Going by that we are doomed!!

Do you go to games?

Tada

Grecian2K

Do you go to games?

Tada
Only when Tranmere are involved (reputedly)

wemissmoxey

Do you go to games?

Tada
All home games and some away.

What don't you agree with ?

rick whitemore

Its disappointing that we are not allowing our own youth system to produce team players which means to me that either there is a lack of talent or our many coaches aren't bringing them through.

It was interesting listening to the Middlesborough v Peterborough game on the radio yesterday, the goal keeper and three of the back four has come through the Middlesborough youth system. Also PT has wasted more in wages on players that don't play (Ben Watson being an example) that any other manager I know.

All in all, I think the squad and management are unperforming and although I've always supported Tisdale I'm now thinking it may be time to give Rob Edwards ago

older-codger

All in all, I think the squad and management are unperforming and although I've always supported Tisdale I'm now thinking it may be time to give Rob Edwards ago
On the evidence of his defence coaching, I'm not so sure

Grecian2K

Also PT has wasted more in wages on players that don't play (Ben Watson being an example) that any other manager I know
Sorry Rick, but I reckon Mr Tevez might trump you on that assertion ;)

And as for "Benny boy" - a fair(ish) shout I suppose. But one could argue that, indirectly, the huge rewards that ECFC have accrued in the 4 and a bit years since he smote THAT match-turning penalty* more than covered his salary during his time with us.

*And would that it had been he, rather that El Boozer, at Adams Park last week

Last edited:

Gin Trap

fair review i reckon by missy.

feel the teams sprinkled with talent - individual talent... few examples:- nardiello on his day is capable of playing in the championship but niggles and injuries hold him back so rarely do we see him in full flow, similar with bauza aswell can play the level above but injuries, and then theres Noble who again on his day can play that kind of level too with the right players around him loads of pressure was off his shoulders when Oakley was here he seemed relaxed and he was playing really well

in tis we trust

Bittners a Legend

Also PT has wasted more in wages on players that don't play (Ben Watson being an example) that any other manager I know.
How many managers do you know?

Most clubs end up with a couple of players on their books who don't play for injuries or whatever reason. It's a squad game...or something.

The problem is that without knowing what these players were on, and what other clubs are paying player, it is hard to make any meaningful judgement.

heathy1

1 Artur Krysiak - Not convinced, makes too many basic mistakes.
2 Steve Tully - Sh*t league 1 player however he has another year on his contract.
3 Billy Jones - Not done enough, rotting away and wasting a wage.
4 James Dunne - I like him however he seems to be going backwards if anything.
5 Troy Archibald-Henville - More patience is required I suppose however he does not seem to be improving much.
6 Richard Duffy - Play him or let him go, by our standards he must be on decent money.
7 Liam Sercombe - Overrated, if we get a half decent bid get rid.
8 David Noble - Decent player technically however his style of play holds the team back.
10 Daniel Nardiello - On his day a real talent however he has too many periods when he is unavailable.
11 Scott Golbourne - Don't rate him at all.
14 Chris Shephard - Too small, not good enough.
18 Danny Coles - Far too slow.
19 John O'Flynn - Potential is there however Tisdale does not get the best out of him.
20 Richard Logan - Time to go.
21 Guillem Bauza - Talented but always injured.
22 Jimmy Keohane - Don't see the point in him being here.
24 Elliott Frear - Not up to it.
26 Scot Bennett - Cheap back up.
27 Jack Furzer - No idea.
28 Aaron Dawson - No idea.
29 Tom Nichols - Give him another year.
31 Callum McNish - Don't see the point in him being here.
34 Chris Hackett (on loan from Millwall)
35 Jake Taylor (on loan from Reading)
40 Lenny Pidgeley - Not convinced.

So in conclusion Cheesie has not assembled much given the length of time he has been here.

Hardly any assets financially amongst that lot either.

What are your thoughts ?
So you would keep 3? Who would you have in mind as affordable better replacements?