• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our remaining fixtures.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Only Swindon have a worse GD than us in the top nine places, the amount of goal difference doesn't really matter as we are so far behind the others in this respect that the GD is worth a point to our rivals.

I agree with you about Stockley and wonder where we would be without him.
Well and truly up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well and truly up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
Not necessarily. Reid would presumably have stayed and we would have played a different style of football. Much as I like Stockley, he is very limited as a footballer as opposed to a goalscorer.

budegrecian

Not necessarily. Reid would presumably have stayed and we would have played a different style of football. Much as I like Stockley, he is very limited as a footballer as opposed to a goalscorer.
I'm not sure I totally agree that Stockley is very limited as a footballer; in addition to his goalscoring abilities, which you acknowledge, he is very good defensively at set pieces, he's also a pretty useful target man & unlike a lot of 'pure' goalscorers he's happy to put in a real shift for 90 minutes.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Here, here and has also demonstrated that he has two very good feet on a number of occasions.

Pobbop

Stockley is just better in every way than Reid, and I liked Reid. He's our record signing, and he's almost certainly worth more now then when we bought him. I'd stiill like both, but wasn't to be for whatever reason.

Do think people aren't really taking the conditions Britain is in ATM, bitterly cold days oop North ,two in 4 games aren't really conducive to flowing football. Harley came into his own last year in the last bit of the season as he has done for us most times, Holmes will benefit too if the weather gets better, and Jay and NcAlinden, who was good at the start of the season, too.

I'm hoping our attritional play will give way to a bit of flair, whilst remaining solid. Holmes, Harley, Edwards, they can all be exciting in their way.

The thaw not happening any time soon, though.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I'd say Reid is a better footballer than Stockley in terms of holding the ball and bringing people into play.....

Can't fault Stockley for his heading ability mind

STURTZ

He's scored some with some wonderful shots this season.

Avening Posse

There are some interesting games involving some promotion rivals tonight. Especially Accrington, who if they win tonight will only be 1 point behind Luton with the same games played and they play Luton on Saturday. Hoping Accrington lose tonight though. Mansfield vs Lincoln tonight as well, hoping for a draw there, and Notts County away at Cheltenham

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are some interesting games involving some promotion rivals tonight. Especially Accrington, who if they win tonight will only be 1 point behind Luton with the same games played and they play Luton on Saturday. Hoping Accrington lose tonight though. Mansfield vs Lincoln tonight as well, hoping for a draw there, and Notts County away at Cheltenham
Aren't these games tomorrow Tues 6th ?

Colesman Ballz

Aren't these games tomorrow Tues 6th ?

Deleted post !

Last edited: