• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our remaining fixtures.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don’t see any of it as much of a problem keep our average
points tally going and we’ll finish on 79 points ,
If we can improve on that we can get into the early to mid 80’s.
Brilliant, can't wait to seeing Kajagoogoo again.

PeteUSA

I just hope PT doesnt decide he needs to rotate keepers. Thats one position you dont mess with because of too many games to play. Where lucky to have a keeper like Jonah on the bench, but thats where he should stay IMHO.

Avening Posse

Yes, it is that middle spell of 5 games in a fortnight. Shockley was saying that a number of players are carrying knocks, so it is going to be a squad game from now on.

I had wondered on Tuesday whether Tis might make as many as 7 changes - turned out be 5 when Taylor dropped out.

I expect more of the same this Saturday. Brown and Moxey back for TAH and Woodman seems likely and also possibly Sweeney (if fit) for Wilson. Not because any of those defenders played badly - they all played very well. But on grounds of not being in 100% condition for a third game in 8 days (second in 5 days in TAH's case,which for him amounts to the same thing!)
Exactly, and well put.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don’t see any of it as much of a problem keep our average
points tally going and we’ll finish on 79 points ,
If we can improve on that we can get into the early to mid 80’s.
It's not long til The Final Countdown.

andrew p long

Brilliant, can't wait to seeing Kajagoogoo again.
Gosh - many others are too shy to admit liking Kajagoogoo.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Around about this time most seasons I try to look at the coming games and second guess how ourselves and our competitors are likely to do.

Usually by this time the table is taking a fairly settled shape but as with last season, this season is also proving to be anything but. There are currently 15 points between Newport in 14th place and Wycombe 2nd and 8 points between the former and ourselves in 7th. Every team in the top 14 are capable of going on good runs equally anyone of the 14, including Luton, can still have a poor spell.

This has already happened and Luton in particular like ourselves, although we are lower down the table, are to some extent living on past performances. Although in fairness I believe we could still be in or around the autos had we not had to suffer the postponements that we have had. If you analyse each team’s performance you will probably find at some time or other every team in the top 14 have put good runs together but none have been totally consistent.

For most of the season Accrington, Wycombe, Mansfield and Coventry have been off the pace but good runs by all four have seen them sneak into the auto positions. The latter currently in 10th place but like us with games in hand. Accrington came from nowhere a few months ago only to drop away dramatically but are currently on their second good run. Notts County have had a very poor 2018 but will surely come again.

Swindon have come from nowhere into a playoff position. Lincoln have been in and out of the playoff positions, Crawley are also knocking on the door and we cannot discount the possibility of Colchester finding their form and challenging for a playoff spot. Newport have dropped away but can certainly not be ignored nor can Carlisle or Cambridge the latter having beaten Notts County last Saturday.

In summary, because it is true more than ever this season that anyone is capable of beating anyone, it seems virtually impossible to second guess where the future six pointers and must win games will be. At present the obvious ones looking likely to be are at SJP Swindon and Crawley and away at Lincoln and Accrington but others could easily come into the frame namely Cambridge away and last game of the season, unless of course we are in the playoffs, Colchester at SJP.

Having said that to get us back in the frame as serious contenders for a top three place we need to win the next three home games and the game we have in hand away to Port Vale. Indeed, although it is going to be a tall order, if we can pick up between 15 to 18 points from the seven March Fixtures we could at the end of the month well be sitting in 2nd or 3rd place with only six games, three at SJP and three away, still to play.

As Tisdale says one game at a time and one thing is for sure there are not going to be any easy ones. It is going to be a roller coaster ride and we just have to accumulate as many points as possible until the end of the season and see where that gets us.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Football League World's journo doesn't seem to fancy us much...

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/top-half-jinx-could-halt-exeter-citys-promotion-charge/

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
As I was saying who thought Wycombe lose at home to Morecambe, Lincoln beaten at home by Crewe, Swindon lose away to Chesterfield, Luton draw home to Cheltenham and Crawley lose away to FGR. Only results not in City’s favour both Accrington and Notts County winning at home.

Pobbop

As I was saying who thought Wycombe lose at home to Morecambe, Lincoln beaten at home by Crewe, Swindon lose away to Chesterfield, Luton draw home to Cheltenham and Crawley lose away to FGR. Only results not in City’s favour both Accrington and Notts County winning at home.
I'm not hudely surprised by Wycombe, in the end you can't keep doing these death-deying get out of jail stuff without it taking it out of you physically, think an hangover was always likely to happen. Oh and reckon Lincoln will drop away too, great having Cup runs, but reckon it's taking it out of 'em.

I agree with the OP, that the fixtures look pretty brilliant, but at this stage of the season I am always wary of the teams fighting against relegation, their form often turns around about now when the players realise their livelihood is on the line.

Mid-table nothingness is what is best now, luckily we have quite a lot of that too, so I'm quietly confident of getting into 3rd, but am also wary that we're Exeter City and can **** anything up.

Biggest thing is keeping Troy Brown and JMT fit, makes us a solid defence and gives us a big aerial threat at corners, along with Stockley. Hope Sweeney gets fit soon too, as without Wilson we need him.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Wonder if he watches games or just analyses from results ?