• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Keepers..

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rumours on social media of Pym going in January and Paul Jones returning to the club.
Where on social media is this news to be found old chap? I want to be sure of the facts before I weigh in.

Rog H K

Where on social media is this news to be found old chap? I want to be sure of the facts before I weigh in.
Facebook postings. Many say Mr Jones been seen in and around Exeter lately. Rumours of Pym going in January window. Who knows?

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'de be hapi with pym leaving and jonas returning. in fac Ii wouldnt even be over concerned if hamon stepped in.. always thought he was more than decent .

PeteUSA

I'm not sure about having Jonah back. He was error prone from day one, and quite frankly I was pleased to see the back of him. I think the journey that he's been on since he left bears out the fact that he was never destined to be a regular keeper at anything above League 1. At this moment in time though, even though he's had his best season thus far, there are areas of Pyms game that remain bothersome. His timing off his line, and the way he goes in for a challenge for a through ball remains a weak point. No matter how much I've gone on about it, he still continues to come out with the boots first, clenched teeth, eyes closed technique; which is not much of a block when a forward is clean through with just him to slip the ball past. If Gwinnett isnt pointing out what I'm saying, then Gwinnett couldnt have been much cop. From what I've seen of him, I dont think any suggestion about Pym being tall enough matters. He compensates well for that to not be a factor. In the final analysis, I'd have Jonah back. He was consistant when he left; he must have progressed from that.

citizen

Facebook postings. Many say Mr Jones been seen in and around Exeter lately. Rumours of Pym going in January window. Who knows?
I thought we got rid of Jones due to his error count. I would rather see Ben Hamer back ,even though I know thats not going too happen.
Anyway rumors around the transfer window also keeps the interest up. UTC

Antony Moxey

I want to be sure of the facts before I weigh in.
Bit early with the New Year’s resolutions aren’t we?

iscalad

Thanks..made me smile. :)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Must be true if its on faceache lol Jonesy is quite often seen around Exeter a nice lad to have a natter with.

PeteUSA

Well, I'm not too early to make this statement: Everybody seems to be blaming other members of the team for the Yeovil debacle. Nobodys mentioning Pym, who had a diabolical game!? He cost us that game!

First goal: The ball bounced on the way, and wasnt near the post.

Second goal: How on earth did he not do better with a shot from an angle near the goal line?

Third goal: A total disgrace. Yet again comes flying out STUDS FIRST without a hope of getting that ball! I have absolutely no idea what he had in mind racing out to meet the player at that angle; and he had the nerve to offer up some sort of argument to the referee? He got away with a straight red if ever I saw it!

Outfield players in general must feel p****d off that they're getting the blame for that defeat, and if so quite rightly. If anybody was watching Pym yesterday, they'll have crossed him off and left well before the end. I'm totally sick of it!

Merry Christmas!

Antony Moxey

Grow up you bloody drama queen. A five year old would be embarrassed by your tantrums.