• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our Keeper

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
That's as maybe, but if we're talking crosses and not coming for them, Marriott is WAY behind on this one.
but in other terms ie experience , communication miles ahead of Jonah , so its an intresting comparison really.....

Il give you Marriott doesnt come for crosses enough , but thats because he knows he wont get there.....at least as a defender you know its up to you to head away....with Jonesy it never strikes me as though the cenner halfs know whats happening next....

Well-known Exeweb poster
but in other terms ie experience , communication miles ahead of Jonah , so its an intresting comparison really.....

Il give you Marriott doesnt come for crosses enough , but thats because he knows he wont get there.....at least as a defender you know its up to you to head away....with Jonesy it never strikes me as though the cenner halfs know whats happening next....
From what i've seen of jonesy, b4 his injury his confidence and his communication and the control over his c/dfenders was improving and actually getting quite good. Since coming back from his injury it seems to have taken a step or two back. So ,dropping jonesy? difficult one, but the right thing?, at this moment in time probably, long term?, i'm not so sure.

Wellyred

well see i got my way then...thought marriott did ok today.

CREDYGRECIAN

well see i got my way then...thought marriott did ok today.
Just seen the highlights , looked like he made a good stop late on from close in....decent block...

LammieLammieLammie

:D

gave me kittens when Scotty nearly headed one back past him....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And just what was he doing trying to dribble his way out of trouble in his own 6-yard box that led to him being tackled and Lambert firing wide?

CREDYGRECIAN

And just what was he doing trying to dribble his way out of trouble in his own 6-yard box that led to him being tackled and Lambert firing wide?
wasnt sure to pick it up or not was he , could of been a back pass maybe after the deflection....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I know it was probably construed as a backpass, but he needed to put his laces through it, even if putting it out for a throw when the path straight up the pitch was blocked.

CREDYGRECIAN

I know it was probably construed as a backpass, but he needed to put his laces through it, even if putting it out for a throw when the path straight up the pitch was blocked.
yeap , he didnt and we got away with it , who would you have prefered in that position to clear with the laces though 9 times out of 10 ? Marriott end of.

markyou

Bristol city fan here.
I was very suprised when basso turned Exeter down, he would of certainly done well for you guys as word on the street is you have a real big problem on the keeper situation.