• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our crowd is sh*t

Willy Nilly

I am washing my hair next Tuesday, so will probably give it a miss
You won't be missed Mr Chelsea.

Anyways, it annoys me people slagging off the fans. Look at the attendance yesterday compared to the attendance at the away game.

Our fans are fecking great and loyal buggers.

Watch what you say Shabbabbabababa, you sound as bad as Cheesey making excuses.

Garth.Crooks

We kept up more or less a non-stop bout of chanting and singing in the OG for the first half last night. If it wasn't for the fact that I was suffering from a sore throat, I would have tried to keep the noise going for the rest of the game. We tried our best, but some of the 'mutes' around us just weren't interested in joining in. However, the singing was ten times better than at the Uddersfeeld and Soton games! :D
Get a grip old man.

Grecian1987

Most of our 'sh*t' crowd probably stayed for the full 90 in the last game of last season.

Willy Nilly

I thought it was funny that Brentford were singing 'Cheerio' when only a handful of people were actually leaving.

Wellyred

The atmosphere was not too bad until they scored!

Then as always our fans (myself and friends included) start getting on the players backs!

I think we should cut this out. They need our backing and support when things are not going right!

I for one will not be getting on any players back from now on. Nor will I be showing negativity towards our manager! We would not be where we are now without him and he should be respected AT ALL TIMES!

I blame our fans for the result! we did not give them the support that they needed when the chips were down!

WE HAVE OURSELVES TO BLAME!

as you know ive known you for years mate.....have you been drinking at breakfast time again?

Ecfc_4_Life

Fastfoward to 1:30 in this video.. have a go on the big bank?:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN06766wD10&feature=related

cityno1ledgend

Hang on a moment .. how many home stands are there at st james park? Three!
How many sing and get behind the team? 1 the big bank!
All three stands should be singing there hearts out then there would be an amazing atmosphere.

and last night atmosphere was brilliant until we gave them a 2-0 lead, just after second half started it picked up again but how can you be cheering and singing when the team is playing poorly?

The players need a good kick up the bottom and i say back to basics 5-3-2!

UTC

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
The crowd sounded pretty loud on the telly I thought, and like others have said it was only when the second one went in that it, understandably, died down. The only problem I can see with our chants is that they're, well, a bit embarrassing aren't they?

As a poster said earlier most are either about Plymouth or involve a ridiculous amount of swearing. In the case of the former, on hearing their name ridiculed I wonder who had the last laugh at the final whistle - us, or the Plymouth lot we stood up for as a sign of our hatred for them? Hmm.

Regarding the latter, whilst not averse to the odd profanity myself, and nowhere near as uncomfortable with it as I was when my kids were younger, it does seem a little childish hearing it on the telly - y'know, like when you hear a couple of ten year olds effing and blinding and feeling well pleased with themselves at how grown up they are.

There used to be - even recently - some great songs coming from the Bank, but those seem few and far inbetween these days. But whatever, trying to blame the crowd is ridiculous. The crowd did their part last night, but eventually were worn down by awfulness they saw unfolding before their eyes.

It's a two way thing this supporting lark - give the crowd something to cheer and they will, but if you can't apply a bit of effort (it's a cup semi final FFS, with an appearance at Wembley just ninety minutes away) on the pitch then it's a bit much to expect the same from the crowd off it.

Brizzle_Red

The players need a good kick up the bottom
Agree - I endured them at Swindon too, when imo they were worse.

Brizzle_Red

It's a two way thing this supporting lark - give the crowd something to cheer and they will, but if you can't apply a bit of effort on the pitch then it's a bit much to expect the same from the crowd off it.
Agree - And only our 'on loan' player came and applauded the BB at the end of the game. What's that all about?