• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

OTR Ltd - Trust Vote

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
For what it's worth pfb screendump of voting page with linked explanatory document I can't seem to open probably due to my lack of IT skills !
It appears that the TB is attempting to avoid a General Meeting and is following Trust Rule 46 which requires :-

"Where the Trust Board considers that an issue has arisen which is of material importance to the membership and should be determined by them it may call a postal ballot of Members instead of holding a General Meeting. A postal ballot shall be conducted in accordance with such procedure as the Trust Board shall determine subject to the following principles:
46.1. notice of the ballot shall be given to each Member in the same way as notice of a General Meeting is given;
46.2. the notice must set out clearly the issue to be decided and (if relevant) contain the full text of any resolution to be put at a general meeting of the Club;
46.3. sufficient information must be provided to Members to enable an informed decision to be made; and
46.4. the date by which voting papers are to be returned must be clearly stated and shall be not less than fourteen days after notice of the ballot is deemed to have been received by the Member;
46.5. in any case where a postal ballot is appropriate the Trust Board may make such provision as it thinks fit to permit notice of the ballot to be given and voting to be conducted by electronic means."

I appreciate that there is a "Special Event" (hopefully screened / recorded to allow all 4kish Members to have access) to hopefully answer questions but feel that we have so far been provided with insufficient information to allow informed judgements to be made.
Has anyone seen the date by which votes are returned ?
Surely the final vote should be 14 days after the "Special Event" when, hopefully, sufficient information has been provided to ALL Trust Members not just the few who can make it to the "Special Event" in a room which can only hold 140 when dining ?

I remain concerned that this is being rail roaded through for reasons us Trust Members have not been told - perhaps OTR members want their cash back quickly ?

I still feel that this issue requires the General / AGM approach.

Attachments

lamrobhero

No. Though I haven't clicked on the linky thing in case it requires me to vote.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
For what it's worth pfb screendump of voting page with linked explanatory document I can't seem to open probably due to my lack of IT skills !
It appears that the TB is attempting to avoid a General Meeting and is following Trust Rule 46 which requires :-

"Where the Trust Board considers that an issue has arisen which is of material importance to the membership and should be determined by them it may call a postal ballot of Members instead of holding a General Meeting. A postal ballot shall be conducted in accordance with such procedure as the Trust Board shall determine subject to the following principles:
46.1. notice of the ballot shall be given to each Member in the same way as notice of a General Meeting is given;
46.2. the notice must set out clearly the issue to be decided and (if relevant) contain the full text of any resolution to be put at a general meeting of the Club;
46.3. sufficient information must be provided to Members to enable an informed decision to be made; and
46.4. the date by which voting papers are to be returned must be clearly stated and shall be not less than fourteen days after notice of the ballot is deemed to have been received by the Member;
46.5. in any case where a postal ballot is appropriate the Trust Board may make such provision as it thinks fit to permit notice of the ballot to be given and voting to be conducted by electronic means."

I appreciate that there is a "Special Event" (hopefully screened / recorded to allow all 4kish Members to have access) to hopefully answer questions but feel that we have so far been provided with insufficient information to allow informed judgements to be made.
Surely the final vote should be 14 days after the "Special Event" when, hopefully, sufficient information has been provided to ALL Trust Members not just the few who can make it to the "Special Event" in a room which can only hold 140 when dining ?

I remain concerned that this is being rail roaded through for reasons us Trust Members have not been told - perhaps OTR members want their cash back quickly ?

The comms have been poor, but that isn't surprising given the lack of skill and resources available to the Trust in this area. I don't see a grand conspiracy though. Seems pretty much a "no brainer" to me. The club and Trust dont want to wait for an AGM and the rules allow this to be dealt with outside of one.

Mid Devon Grecian

I do feel there is a slightly odd out of the blue, we must vote now, feel to this.

Why should we vote now when advice has not been finalised on the transaction?

There’s surely no immediate rush to deal with this matter? If there is why?

All a bit odd.

Mid Devon Grecian

The comms have been poor, but that isn't surprising given the lack of skill and resources available to the Trust in this area. I don't see a grand conspiracy though. Seems pretty much a "no brainer" to me. The club and Trust dont want to wait for an AGM and the rules allow this to be dealt with outside of one.
Given there’s no rush, why call a vote before advice on the transaction is finalised and the details of the deal are known?

I can’t vote currently as I’m not in possession of enough information to make a decision and that should be the same for every Trust member.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do feel there is a slightly odd out of the blue, we must vote now, feel to this.

Why should we vote now when advice has not been finalised on the transaction?

There’s surely no immediate rush to deal with this matter? If there is why?

All a bit odd.
It's really not that odd. The vote is about whether the Trust should loan the Club, money to buy an asset that will save the club money on rent etc.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's really not that odd. The vote is about whether the Trust should loan the Club, money to buy an asset that will save the club money on rent etc.
On the face of it it appears that simple. However, talk of consulting lawyers and seeking advice doesn't make it seem quite as simple. I'm therefore in the same camp as MDG in that I can't vote without the information the Trust itself has asked for before it can commit to the deal. If the Trust itself is seeking answers to questions it's not surprising that members also want answers to the same questions

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the face of it it appears that simple. However, talk of consulting lawyers and seeking advice doesn't make it seem quite as simple. I'm therefore in the same camp as MDG in that I can't vote without the information the Trust itself has asked for before it can commit to the deal. If the Trust itself is seeking answers to questions it's not surprising that members also want answers to the same questions
The legals will just be about how the asset is held, and by whom. Ideally this would have been determined sooner, but I don't really see it as integral to whether this is a good idea or not.

Mid Devon Grecian

The legals will just be about how the asset is held, and by whom. Ideally this would have been determined sooner, but I don't really see it as integral to whether this is a good idea or not.
Why the rush to vote before the advice is taken Martin?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why the rush to vote before the advice is taken Martin?
To get it done? I agree with the point you are making though. They don't help themselves at times.