• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

O's fan in peace here

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
On a sunny day I'd imagine it's a great place to be!

Saturday is meant to be ok isn't it?
As long as you don't need the lav ;)

Mackster

You have to take what Bazza says with a pinch of salt. He's the master of spin. Unfortunately for the O's, he's lost interest in us as his plaything and skipped off to look after the Darts, Snooker, Pool and Mahlin Fishing.

5 players on £100k? Possibly. None deserve it. Scowcroft (a gamble by GW that didn't work), Thornton (quality on his day but a boozer and is suspended for the match on Saturday), Smith (Ex-Chelsea and pretty useless) and then possibly Chambers and one other.

The good thing is that whatever happens in the summer, we'll be shot of Thornton, Scowcroft and Chambers as they're out of contract and will be taking pay-cuts if they stay on.

The whole trust thing that you Guys run are ideally what the O's would like to achieve.

Under Hearn we've been asset-stripped of 4 corners of the ground, the office-block west-stand which was built to 'sustain our future', the playing surface is now owned by Matchroom Sports and all we have to show is £1.8m in the bank currently, whilst losing a £1m a year.

We currently pay no rent to Matchroom Sport but that also changes in 3 years to £180k a year. Add that to our £1m losses and we'll be down the swanny in a year or two.
You'd think Hearn would have been satisfied with what he has already earned from Orient with 4 x blocks of flats sold at the height of the property market. That should have extended to allowing the club to play on their little patch of ground for eternity.

I bet he was gutted when Gold & Sullivan moved in down the road and expressed their intent to move to the Olympic Stadium. That little scheme looked tailor made for Hearn to give it the big spin by moving the O's to a prestige stadium whilst he concreted over the remainder of Brisbane Rd.

Best get a Trust going and make plans to move in with Wet Spam.

orientitis

You'd think H£arn would have been satisfied with what he has already earned from Orient with 4 x blocks of flats sold at the height of the property market. That should have extended to allowing the club to play on their little patch of ground for eternity.
Can’t disagree with that. Plus all the office space in our battleship size west stand have ended up in the hands of Matchroom.

I bet he was gutted when Gold & Sullivan moved in down the road and expressed their intent to move to the Olympic Stadium. That little scheme looked tailor made for H£arn to give it the big spin by moving the O's to a prestige stadium whilst he concreted over the remainder of Brisbane Rd.
The Olympic Stadium is a strange one. Way too big for the O’s at 90,000 , 80,000 and even 25,000 what it can be reduced to. But also way too big for West Ham at 90 & 80,000 but too small at 25,000.

The IOC won’t let the track be removable / replaceable and neither will they allow retractable stands.

It’s all a bit of a stand-off at the minute and I think H£arn, Gold & Sullivan are waiting until the IOC are between a rock and a hard-place.

What would be beneficial for the O’s is to move to the Hockey Arena being built (15,000 capacity) or even the Velodrome (if that’s possible?!?!) which is gonna hold around 10,000.

As a side note... the Olympic site is starting to take place and some of the buildings / structures look fantastic. And I oppose the Olympics!!

What is for certain is that with Matchroom Sport owning all assets aside from the players registrations (LOFC owned), Bazza has us by the cobblers. I think H£arn will get us out of Brisbane Road, but to where? Who knows.

Best get a Trust going
Aye.. we do have the Leyton Orient Fans Trust (LOFT) which is really starting to gain momentum now as people realise the reality behind what’ll happen in a year or two’s time.

LOFT own about 20% of the club, but with H£arn owning the rest all notions are passed within the blink of an eye.

Last edited:

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think H£arn will get us out of Brisbane Road, but to where? Who knows..
Groundshare with 'Nam would be doable if not at all desirable, I guess a fair lump of your support aint "local" any more, decent Kop behind one goal now and you could give the open end to the away support. Come to think of it that would be quite appropriate as you were about the only East London club they didn't mug off.

Fecking Olympics, what a crock of sh*t !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
LOFT own about 20% of the club, but with H£arn owning the rest all notions are passed within the blink of an eye.
Therein lies the problem. The Trust owns over half our club, but have f*** all say in how it's run.

Brentford Fan

They bought 1,200 to GP the other week, but that did include the EDL element amongst them and a couple of flares.

David Treharne

Therein lies the problem. The Trust owns over half our club, but have f*** all say in how it's run.
I'd be very interested in hearing the basis of this assertion. Have you made your disquiet known to a Trustee, or asked questions about your belief in the lack of Trust control?

orientitis

They bought 1,200 to GP the other week, but that did include the EDL element amongst them and a couple of flares.
Thanks for mentioning that.

The whole EDL thing meant the club brought down our entire website, forum and means of our trust (LOFT) communicating with its supporters. Which we're trying to rebuild under the orientitis.com/forum monicker.

I hope the Brentford Supporters took note that most of the Orient were booing and jeering the nasty vile bunch that have attached themselves to our away following (as they're banned from home matches).

Because of the EDL turnout the Club now have to ship around our own stewards / police at a cost to the club.

orientitis

Whoever is running it is doing a Sterling job no?

papillon

Whoever is running it is doing a Sterling job no?
They are doing a fine job!