• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Orient vs City 23rd March

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Game postponed due to international call ups.

JayPob94

Preferred it when we were smaller and this didn't happen. Flights booked and tickets booked. How annoying. Tempted to get England v Brazil tickets now

denzel

Strange they have done this so early, squads won't be released for a week will they?
And yes, very annoying. Was looking forward to this and doubt I will do a Tuesday night game

Boyo

Strange they have done this so early, squads won't be released for a week will they?
And yes, very annoying. Was looking forward to this and doubt I will do a Tuesday night game
Presumably clubs have been given a “heads-up”?

Leads

Irritating if unsurprising. All the good aways have been on Tuesdays :(

Anyone looked at the possible dates for when it will be rescheduled- I'm imagining mid-April?

Papa John will be pleased to see that Harris has finally made an impact :rolleyes:

andrew p long

Irritating if unsurprising. All the good aways have been on Tuesdays :(

Anyone looked at the possible dates for when it will be rescheduled- I'm imagining mid-April?

Papa John will be pleased to see that Harris has finally made an impact :rolleyes:
Yep, 9th or 16th April.

(the midweeks either side of 23 March are also affected by internationals. We play Easter Monday 1 April so that midweek is ruled out. The EFL like to keep the final week of the season free in case other fixtures get postponed. So that just leaves those two midweeks - in which both City and Orient are currently free. I'd say 9th was favourite to help guard against other postponements needing later rearrangements)

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Said it before and will say it again - i think its ridiculous games at league 1 level are called off for “international call ups” also what is the point of having a squad? if when 2-3 players cant play you postpone.

Get on with it.

Unless its a whole team-squad pretty much out players out like the top level i personally think the league games shouldn’t suffer.

denzel

Preferred it when we were smaller and this didn't happen. Flights booked and tickets booked. How annoying. Tempted to get England v Brazil tickets now
Good luck, it's sold out..

Leads

Said it before and will say it again - i think its ridiculous games at league 1 level are called off for “international call ups” also what is the point of having a squad? if when 2-3 players cant play you postpone.

Get on with it.

Unless its a whole team-squad pretty much out players out like the top level i personally think the league games shouldn’t suffer.
Especially when two of our call ups are loanees, one of which is a goalkeeper and we have another 3 (!) professional goalkeepers at the club. It's all a bit cheeky IMO

Antony Moxey

Get on with it.

Given how often it happens, why not extend the international break down to all four divisions? If we have three or four out it’s likely they’ll be our best players so that puts us at a massive disadvantage. It’s OK if you’re Liverpool but for us we can’t afford a squad that’s all of the standard of our best players.