• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Only one team in Devon

ex_user1234

Resigned

BertTheCityFan

And here we have the most pointless post ever posted on Exeweb.

Legohead

Banned
I dunno. I've made a few. ;)

ex_user1234

Resigned
And here we have the most pointless post ever posted on Exeweb.
Follow the red line. The almighty Google shows that Plymouth and Torquay are not in Devon. I'd say that's relevant to Exeter fans.

Matt Russell

When you have to try and justify humour, you've probably failed. Seeing as I gave you one of my Trust Board votes, I'm hoping this doesn't reflect the real level of your intellect.

ex_user1234

Resigned
When you have to try and justify humour, you've probably failed. Seeing as I gave you one of my Trust Board votes, I'm hoping this doesn't reflect the real level of your intellect.
Thanks for the vote. No humour intended. Google Maps does not include Plymouth as part of Devon. You can disagree with that all you like, but that's what Google Maps have decided.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well I thought it was funny. Made I larf.

But it does also show that reliance on social media as the answer to everything might be a tad optimistic!

Legohead

Banned
I think the kind of abrupt and needlessly dismissive response to the opening post summed up the intolerance and cantankerous nature of some people who use social media tbh.

OK so i find it not funny whatsoever but I appreciate any effort from posters who wish to post something non standard so I gave it a like.

Most TV comedy shows and comedians these days aren't funny either yet they are allowed on telly.

I just switch off.

Likewise if this thread isn't funny to you or pointless then that's fine. Just read something else. But Ed has a right to post it and not to be ridiculed.

People need to be encouraged to post and express their opinions and personalities otherwise exeweb will simply become like a lot of forums where they are frequented by the same people posting the same stuff and almost chasing away any new or fresh posters.

Matt Russell

I think the kind of abrupt and needlessly dismissive response to the opening post summed up the intolerance and cantankerous nature of some people who use social media tbh.

OK so i find it not funny whatsoever but I appreciate any effort from posters who wish to post something non standard so I gave it a like.

Most TV comedy shows and comedians these days aren't funny either yet they are allowed on telly.

I just switch off.

Likewise if this thread isn't funny to you or pointless then that's fine. Just read something else. But Ed has a right to post it and not to be ridiculed.

People need to be encouraged to post and express their opinions and personalities otherwise exeweb will simply become like a lot of forums where they are frequented by the same people posting the same stuff and almost chasing away any new or fresh posters.
You seem to be missing the point. Ed himself says it wasn't an attempt at humour.

Legohead

Banned
Well whatever it was I don't think anyone has the monopoly on deciding whether a post is pointless or not. Attempt at humour or not.