• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Omens - clutching at straws

city_is_my_life

Anyone else noticed any positive or negative omens for Saturday?

POSITIVE: On my way to work I passed a car with a number plate ending 'EXE'.

NEGATIVE: On Saturday, while I was in Hartlepool, my cricket team played and beat Norwood Green. Hopefully that's not an omen for the future!

CIML

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have never seen City lose when I sit in the flybe, am sat in the flybe this week. Although not seeing City lose, also constitutes draws as well.

Clutching at straws? Yes a whole field full of them.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
The last time City were at this level in a General Election year, we stayed up on the last day of the season despite a defeat at Darlington.....

Rog H K

The last time City were at this level in a General Election year, we stayed up on the last day of the season despite a defeat at Darlington.....
And Argyle got RELEGATED that year too!;)

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe clutching at straws a bit but this morning a giant hand came out of the sky picked me up and transported me to a beautiful land where I was sat on a cloud surrounded by voluptuous nymphs that caressed me and fed me with sumpteous fruits. I was led to a huge hall made entirely of burnished gold where I was stood on a podium. A dove descended from the roof and landed on my right forearm and spoke to me in a soft calming voice.

"City will beat Huddersfield," it announced before it and a flock of other birds raised me up and flew me back to the cafe from whence I had come.

Probably nothing in it though.

Rog H K

Maybe clutching at straws a bit but this morning a giant hand came out of the sky picked me up and transported me to a beautiful land where I was sat on a cloud surrounded by voluptuous nymphs that caressed me and fed me with sumpteous fruits. I was led to a huge hall made entirely of burnished gold where I was stood on a podium. A dove descended from the roof and landed on my right forearm and spoke to me in a soft calming voice.

"City will beat Huddersfield," it announced before it and a flock of other birds raised me up and flew me back to the cafe from whence I had come.

Probably nothing in it though.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Junior told me he'd head a dream where we had drawn 0-0 to Huddersfield, and were still in the ground awaiting the Tranmere score to come in, as they'd had a lot of time added on to their match. Tranmere scored a late late winner in time added on to injury time. Then the ref blew for full time. Yoiks! :(

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
We'll have to make our own luck I'm afraid.

Grecian1987

The missus' car broke down this week - yesterday she was on the bus home which also broke down.

Whilst complaining about her bad luck, I said that maybe it'll even itself out on Saturday.

I still have the bruises.

On my way to work I passed a car with a number plate ending 'EXE'.
That's it - i'm no going to Stockport, it's pointless.