• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just checking, Andrew, are you sure we still get a percentage of any profit Villa make on any Watkins sale? I thought the 5m maximum for Brentford to Villa was the end of the story. So if Villa made (say) a 15m profit, what percentage would Brentford get and what percentage of that would we get?
Yep, the cap is on the add ons (Villa staying up, England appearances) but there is no cap on the sell ons (% of Villa's profit)

Whilst we don't have any official confirmation that Brentford have a sell on clause with Villa, well placed Brentford supporters on their Griffin Park org forum say they do. Also Brentford are pretty cute in their transfer dealings, so would be very likely to have tried to negotiate one. If they have we don't know what % but as the City - Brentford deal had a 15% sell on, it seems likely that any Brentford-Villa deal would have the same sell on percentage.

It won't be megabucks for us in any event We only get 2.25% of Villa's profit (15% x 15%) which is why we want fee that Villa receive to be massively in excess of the £33m Villa have paid for Ollie.

Banksy

I suppose ten million on top wouldn’t be bad , 225 thousand would help a lot towards a decent striker. But maybe Villa would just try to get their money back on the deal to use against another player they consider more suited to their present manager’s needs.

grecIAN Harris

With Declan Rice likely to go during the summer and Villa have just signed Phillipe Couthino on a permanent basis I think I know where my money is as to where Ollie will be next season.

IndoMike

Yep, the cap is on the add ons (Villa staying up, England appearances) but there is no cap on the sell ons (% of Villa's profit)

Whilst we don't have any official confirmation that Brentford have a sell on clause with Villa, well placed Brentford supporters on their Griffin Park org forum say they do. Also Brentford are pretty cute in their transfer dealings, so would be very likely to have tried to negotiate one. If they have we don't know what % but as the City - Brentford deal had a 15% sell on, it seems likely that any Brentford-Villa deal would have the same sell on percentage.

It won't be megabucks for us in any event We only get 2.25% of Villa's profit (15% x 15%) which is why we want fee that Villa receive to be massively in excess of the £33m Villa have paid for Ollie.
So maybe it's better that we don't count our chickens before they're hatched, Andrew.

Colesman Ballz

So maybe it's better that we don't count our chickens before they're hatched, Andrew.
Your new found passion for animals even extends to metaphors then Mike ! :cool:

IndoMike

Your new found passion for animals even extends to metaphors then Mike ! :cool:
Sorry, too busy to answer : I'm counting my chickens..
Metaone
Metatwo
Metathree
Metaphor
Metafive.

Sod it- one's escaped.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scores v Palace

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Scores v Palace
Then late in second half apparently missed a great chance to get the winner.

Jonny All Saints

andrew p long

Ten years ago a former ECFC striker's goal threatened to derail Man City's bid to win their first Premier league title on the final day....could history repeat itself?