• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
My post was in response to iscalad, who (I think) prematurely IMO thinks Toney won’t be as good as Ollie is now when his time to move on from Brentford comes around.
Incidentally, I think Toney’s efforts in LG1 this season does trump Ollie’s EFL award and his last season with City in LG2
Fair enough. It's all about opinions 😁

chrisw

Hit or miss gentleman opinions please ?

only seen him the once, but first impressions, he looked a slightly timid almost ungainly leggy young colt,
Any decisions yet? :cool::cool:

jimmy

Premier League players I will take a keen interest to see how they get on next season...

Ollie Watkins
Lionel Andres Messi

...in that order!

IndoMike

Villa putting it out that they want Wilson from B'mouth. Could be true or could be a tactic to bargain a lower price for Watkins. Or maybe they want both, or maybe neither...🙄

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wilson is undoubtedly a good buy, but will cost a premium compared to Watkins, isn't quite as good in my opinion and is a lot older. Watkins is the shrewd money at 25 mil.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here’s a question I’ve not seen asked yet. If we receive an Ollie windfall, say £4m, how much tax on that do we have to pay? If it’s something crazy like 40% that’s a huge chunk gone already?

malcolms

Wilson is undoubtedly a good buy, but will cost a premium compared to Watkins, isn't quite as good in my opinion and is a lot older. Watkins is the shrewd money at 25 mil.
I think Ollie Watkins is a class above anything we have ever produced from the Academy and a perfect role model, good personality and all the other things that go with it. Unfortunately, I think the top judges have concluded that he might just be a bit short (not literally) at top level. Who knows, they may be wrong.

andrew p long

Here’s a question I’ve not seen asked yet. If we receive an Ollie windfall, say £4m, how much tax on that do we have to pay? If it’s something crazy like 40% that’s a huge chunk gone already?
an interesting question. I think it has been suggested on here that it is Corporation Tax, which in turn depends on profits in the relevant year. So thisfinancial year will be a good year to receive a windfall as much of it will be used on what would otherwise be hefty losses. And I think it was suggested you could use losses in the following year as well (?) to reduce tax. Think the rate for the current year is 19%.

disclaimer - I don’t claim expertise in Corporation Tax!

malcolms

The money would go into the club's turnover and form part of the P/L in any one business year...

Alistair20000

an interesting question. I think it has been suggested on here that it is Corporation Tax, which in turn depends on profits in the relevant year. So thisfinancial year will be a good year to receive a windfall as much of it will be used on what would otherwise be hefty losses. And I think it was suggested you could use losses in the following year as well (?) to reduce tax. Think the rate for the current year is 19%.

disclaimer - I don’t claim expertise in Corporation Tax!
Corporation Tax at 19% on net profits for the accounting period in question confirmed. Assuming no changes to CT rates before the payment crystallises of course.