• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Talking of Brentford and Ollie, I see they've lost that Vibe up front who was scoring the goals for them recently.
there's quite a debate on their forum (griffin Park org) about whether they should play Ollie at centre forward, because they've been a bit short of central strikers. Their manager has also said he sees Ollie as a number 9 eventually. Not so sure myself; looks to have found a good role in this set up.

There was a rumour of a £6m possible bid from Bournemouth in the last window. Plainly well short of what Brentford will rightly want.

IndoMike

there's quite a debate on their forum (griffin Park org) about whether they should play Ollie at centre forward, because they've been a bit short of central strikers. Their manager has also said he sees Ollie as a number 9 eventually. Not so sure myself; looks to have found a good role in this set up.

There was a rumour of a £6m possible bid from Bournemouth in the last window. Plainly well short of what Brentford will rightly want.
No way would they sell him for 6m : it wouldn't have been worth the effort. I guess at the moment they could get 12-14m.

Bee gone

That 6mill (we turned down)from Bournmouth was for our young central defender Mepham who has only played only a dozen or so games for us and can’t get back in at present after returning from injury.I can assure you we never let players go cheap and Olli is in the 15/20 mill bracket imho

IndoMike

That 6mill (we turned down)from Bournmouth was for our young central defender Mepham who has only played only a dozen or so games for us and can’t get back in at present after returning from injury.I can assure you we never let players go cheap and Olli is in the 15/20 mill bracket imho
Even better. D'ya think they'd sell?

Bee gone

Even better. D'ya think they'd sell?
You mean we��yes that’s why we get players to sign for us,as a London side who are playing good football in a league full of massive sides the exposure is great.I expect we sold our structure to Ollie and his reps knowing he would get regular games and top coaching and would eventually move on to the next level and earn a great living in the mean time our club gets money and also so do you which is much needed.

IndoMike

You mean we��yes that’s why we get players to sign for us,as a London side who are playing good football in a league full of massive sides the exposure is great.I expect we sold our structure to Ollie and his reps knowing he would get regular games and top coaching and would eventually move on to the next level and earn a great living in the mean time our club gets money and also so do you which is much needed.
Yep. Good for all concerned. i was just wondering if Brentford would hold onto its best players, try to get promoted and then be in the big time.

magiccity1

What was the add on percentage amount for a future transfer for Watkins again?

STURTZ

20%, or so I understand.

Bee gone

Yep. Good for all concerned. i was just wondering if Brentford would hold onto its best players, try to get promoted and then be in the big time.
Would be great if we could but when clubs come calling money talks and we can’t compete with the big boys even if we get to the PL.The new ground will help but we would still be the smallest capacity ground in the PL apart from Bournmouth and near the bottom of the championship if we are still there in 2020

InMyBlood