• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
What if Jimmy Helms enters the auction?
They could still refuse it.

Grecian2K

Nice one Banksy (y)
Glad to see there are a few of us Greeks still ancient enough to remember some of those old, early 70s, soul classics!

andrew p long

According to Sky Brentford’s valuation has gone up from £20m to £25m.

hillview red

I think (but might have this completely wrong) that Watkins signed a new contract at the start of the season.

Does anyone with inside info know if there are any clauses in it? E.g Relegation release, Non-promotion or Release fee...

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier in the thread.

Banksy

According to Sky Brentford’s valuation has gone up from £20m to £25m.
That would follow , and with the Premiershite pavements paved with gold they’d get it. So , a clear 4.5 million to us , very useful.

Banksy

grecianstew

I think (but might have this completely wrong) that Watkins signed a new contract at the start of the season.

Does anyone with inside info know if there are any clauses in it? E.g Relegation release, Non-promotion or Release fee...

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier in the thread.
It's unlikely that anyone is ever going to know the terms and contents of anyone's contract anywhere, even those who claim to have inside info are likely only to be guessing!. However i would be pretty sure it does contain a release clause at some particular value. Almost every contract does and very few players, in particular those whose status gives them bargaining power, are likely to sign a contract without one

Ian Russon

A clubs valuation does not reflect the actual fee they're going to receive. If Watkins wants to go, and club offers 20 million, he'll be going.

IndoMike

A clubs valuation does not reflect the actual fee they're going to receive. If Watkins wants to go, and club offers 20 million, he'll be going.
Not correct. Many players have wanted to leave their club but the club has stood by its evaluation. Players sign contract and are not free to choose
True one or two have been in a pain in the arse and sulked, but I wouldn't put Ollie in that category. If the Bees want 25M that's what they'll get, or he'll stay.

Ian Russon

Maybe premiership players, however my last post is ironic because previously I have said that Watkins is worth over 150 million to them if they get promoted. With Watkins there is a very serious chance they will get promoted. Selling him now would only be because Olly wants to leave