• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
The Brentford fans are absolutely loving him.

http://www.griffinpark.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126599&page=12

CWH-NYC_

Some tasty reviews there!

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wow, he has seriously impressed the Brentford crowd judging by that reaction, I just hope they do not expect too much too soon and give him time to adjust. I'm sure he will absolutely shine for them this season

Texas Grecian

Anyone know what Clinton said about Ollie reaching the international level? Did he mean with England or does Ollie have some deep lineage whose country he can suit up for?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone know what Clinton said about Ollie reaching the international level? Did he mean with England or does Ollie have some deep lineage whose country he can suit up for?
Here's a report of what he said.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentfords-former-exeter-man-ollie-13476369

Banksy

Hmmm.Same old I know but let's hope our boys negotiated some good add-ons else our Bondy will be right sooner than later when he moves on.
Don't want Brentford to be the only ones to coin it.

tavyred

Here's hoping Ollie is the only bright spot in a Brentford relegation season and they sell him for loads next year.

chunkymorrinmunter

Hmmm.Same old I know but let's hope our boys negotiated some good add-ons else our Bondy will be right sooner than later when he moves on.
Don't want Brentford to be the only ones to coin it.
I'm still of the opinion that we let him go to cheap, regardless of add ons,there are probably ways to avoid paying add ons,let's hope whoever negotiated the transfer had his head screwed on.

Banksy

Yes indeed , as I said before , all the happy hoo ha between the Brentford fans is lovely and all that and I'm glad for Ollie , but it would be galling if Brentford picked up say a cool ten million not so far down the line but we got say a million in peanuts.
The Acadamy does us proud , but we mustn't allow other clubs to cream off the bulk of the profits at our expense whilst we keep enough to get by on with little being ploughed back into the first team.

Last edited:

IndoMike

Yes indeed , as I said before , all the happy hoo ha between the Brentford fans is lovely and all that and I'm glad for Ollie , but it would be galling if Brentford picked up say a cool ten million not so far down the line but we got say a million in peanuts.
The Acadamy does us proud , but we mustn't allow other clubs to cream off the bulk of the profits at our expense whilst we keep enough to get by on with little being ploughed back into the first team.
Agree with that. The academy is doing its job, and some. It's up to Taggy and Perryman to get the best price. If there isn't a very minimum 15% of any future Ollie onward transfer (.. profit ) I think it would be a poor show.