• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oldham AWAY: A fantastic trio!!

ecfcgraham

Logan, Cureton, Nardiello. Great contribution from all three strikers this evening. Well the second half anyway. :)

4 points from 2 games on the road. I'm sure the majority of us must be skipping, hopping and jumping with delight.

To turn a game that seemed to be going down the pan and turning it into what could be a very valuable point at the end of the season.... Is brilliant! The decision from Tis, double sub (Duffy/Dunne off
& Nards/Noble) ultimately changed the game...

Though shame the match didn't go on longer for us to get a winner, Oldham were on their arses.

SGF

Great performance by our strikers. Massive difference from last year and it's showing with results.
From what I've read Krysiak was brilliant yet again. What a signing he is turning out to be.

scottus86

The question is, did Noble help turn it around? Did he finally show why we signed him? I hope so.

thermopylai

From what I've read Krysiak was brilliant yet again.
Yeah, he should be included in the praise. His save from the last kick of the game was outstanding, by all accounts. The great comeback would have been in vain, and we would have been pretty miserable right now. But we ain't!

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
4 points from 2 games on the road. I'm sure the majority of us must be skipping, hopping and jumping with delight.
If I'm TOTALLY honest, four more than I'd have put money on :$

(Esp given that our record AWAY in the equivalent games at the Galpharm and BP at (curiously enough roughly the same part of the season last year)
was
P 2 W 0 D 0 L 2 GF 0 GA 6 Pts 0

compare and contrast with "v.10"
P2 W 1 D 1 L0 GF 4 GA 3 Pts 4)

Now I, FOUR ONE, would call that progress!!!

Mr Bridger

Logan, Cureton, Nardiello. Great contribution from all three strikers this evening. Well the second half anyway. :)

To turn a game that seemed to be going down the pan and turning it into what could be a very valuable point at the end of the season.... Is brilliant! The decision from Tis, double sub (Duffy/Dunne off
& Nards/Noble) ultimately changed the game...

Though shame the match didn't go on longer for us to get a winner, Oldham were on their arses.
Doesn't it say all that in the matchday thread?
If you missed it.....
http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42989&page=51

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
The question is, did Noble help turn it around? Did he finally show why we signed him? I hope so.
According to Radio Devon a BIG yes.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It sounds like he was the key as we started to keep the ball when he came on. I bet the possession stats in the first half were something like 70-30 in Oldham's favour.

Hopefully he'll put in some more good performances in the coming games. Gives Tis a selection dilemma for the Tranmere game now especially with Nards scoring too.

ecfcgraham

Doesn't it say all that in the matchday thread?
If you missed it.....
http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42989&page=51
Quite right Sir....I did try to make a contribution to the certain discussion (matchday thread).

But due to the hundreds of fellow Grecians accessing the same thread at the same time, my iPhone was blowing smoke. If you read through the 50+ pages you mite find one or two of my posts.

In the cheerful mood I'm in, I thought I'd create a new topic regarding our Strikers. Probably the only thing this mobile phone browser was capable of. Sorry.

wiveygrecian

In the car coming home. Noble was class tonight no doubting that. He passed it around with pace tackled well and got us going forward brilliantly. If he plays like that again or gets better what a player we have. Arturs save was amazing and he played well. No chance with their goals