• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Official Exeter v Brentford Prediction Thread

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
PT, by his own admission, is confused about a number of aspects associated with the team and this is perhaps the worst position to be in. This lack of clarity is being conveyed to the team so we end up with a group confusion. PT needs to decide what his best options are and give it time to gel. This constant tinkering with the team and the formation may work where you have 30 talented foreigners who can adapt but does not lend itself to a team of domestic players who have been brought up on simple formations and uncomplicated objectives.

This does not mean PT is a bad coach or a bad manager, it just means he is undecisive at the present time. The problem is if he doesnt make his mind up and stick to it, he may well become a bad manager or coach.

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
-------------Fleetwood--Corr--------------
--Noone-----Harley------Cozic----Dunne--
--Golbourne-Troy------Taylor------Duffy--
-----------------Oscar------------------
What that man said. If we field that team we will win. But the old folks will play.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
This constant tinkering with the team and the formation may work where you have 30 talented foreigners who can adapt but does not lend itself to a team of domestic players who have been brought up on simple formations and uncomplicated objectives.
How does it differ to the previous three seasons, where he has pretty much done the exact same thing ? Only difference being that we had probably picked up a few more points previous years I would guess. Given that we're in a very strong L1 the lower points haul can't be all that surprising, surely ?

malcolms

How does it differ to the previous three seasons, where he has pretty much done the exact same thing ? Only difference being that we had probably picked up a few more points previous years I would guess. Given that we're in a very strong L1 the lower points haul can't be all that surprising, surely ?
Well, I guess it's different because he has said it's different. Maybe his tinkering in the past was premeditated whereas this year it's due perhaps to indecisiveness

GrecianGoggles

Exeter City 1 - 3 Brentford

Attendance: 4,812

RHINO

I have supported Exeter for more years than I care to remember and I have never known a situation where we have had so many strikers to choose from Stansfield Logan Corr Norwood Watson Fleetwood Macca I must be missing some.... Stewart Noone possibly and yet we cannot seem to settle on just two Watson scores in the reserves for fun Logie comes of the bench and scores so why is it so hard...it does not help when our manager openly admits to trying to buy two strikers now at Huddersfield..if we do not sort this out and soon we will have a situation where players will have no confidence and that can only lead to BIG trouble

manc grecian

2-0 Brentford

One of the mos physical and athletic sides in the division will bum our powder puff midfield and pedestrian defence aots.

Russel will run round like he has piles giving the ball away at every opporunity, Stewart will "win some fouls" and Fleetwood will stand there with his hands on his hips because he has to move towards the ball.

79th minute before their keeper makes a save.

ECFC KARL

Exeter 15- 43 Brentford

Attendance 42309

50/50 winner from Qatar

arthur

-------------Fleetwood--Corr--------------
--Noone-----Harley------Cozic----Dunne--
--Golbourne-Troy------Taylor------Duffy--
-----------------Oscar------------------

Is duffy still banned, if so then tully in.
To me, and it seems quite a few others, this seems a very sensible team, sensible in that it is based on evidence on how players have performed, where they are at their most effective etc etc.

What depresses more and more each week is that teams are picked and tactics adopted that seem to bear less and less relation to evidence based reality.

If this produced results I'd concede that this is the mark of tactical genius that I don't have, but since it doesn't you have to consider other explanations, such as that the management team (not just Tis, but Perryman as well) have lost their way..

rifraf

Edwards Russell Stewart Marriott

1 playing - win by 1 ish goal or draw
2 playing - lose
3 playing - lose by a fair bit
4 playing - don't ask.

Sorry. It's only my opinion based on the way I've seen it so far this season. One day ................