• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

October 2018 Points Prediction Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed, but preliminary workings indicate that with a City win (a pre requisite for the 12 point tie beak to apply at all) three of those four stalwarts will each have 4 correct results. One is already out.

Unlike the failure of the Government to prepare for "no deal" I don't want to risk being short of the biscuitage if a long session of judging is in prospect. You know how snakey Lionel can get if the Viscounts are not in the tin. Incidentally, would you like to be co-opted to the Committee ? We have some Red Bush in the larder but you will have to supply your own Tartex.
Dear Sir,

I would like to report on a meeting of the "Shadow" Committee, held earlier at the Old Firehouse, where after fuelling on prodigious quantities of the afore mentioned establishment's fine pizza, washed down with lashings of ginger beer, the matter of the 12 point tie break was debated at great length. Their view was that should this occur, the outcome would see the Aquatic contestant enjoying ultimate victory (albeit by a short snout after the application of the tie break). They feel that no other result is possible in this eventuality, but that all other contestants could draw solace from a City win, being in the best interests of the Club, that we all support.

Should that view be mistaken, please do not place the blame on the "Shadow" Committee, as in those circumstances your humble correspondent would have to own up to telling a little fib by erroneously including the extra word "ginger" in the above report !

Yours etc,
CB. (drunk) (beer)

Alistair20000

Dear Sir,

I would like to report on a meeting of the "Shadow" Committee, held earlier at the Old Firehouse, where after fuelling on prodigious quantities of the afore mentioned establishment's fine pizza, washed down with lashings of ginger beer, the matter of the 12 point tie break was debated at great length. Their view was that should this occur, the outcome would see the Aquatic contestant enjoying ultimate victory (albeit by a short snout after the application of the tie break). They feel that no other result is possible in this eventuality, but that all other contestants could draw solace from a City win, being in the best interests of the Club, that we all support.

Should that view be mistaken, please do not place the blame on the "Shadow" Committee, as in those circumstances your humble correspondent would have to own up to telling a little fib by erroneously including the extra word "ginger" in the above report !

Yours etc,
CB. (drunk) (beer)
Dear Mr Ballz

I am directed by The Committee (the one that matters) to thank you for your contribution which will be given the attention it deserves.

The Committee requires me to point out that although you refer to the Old Firehouse other establishments are available.

I am Sir your obedient servant.

Tie Break Committee Secretary

Avening Posse

Dear Mr Ballz

I am directed by The Committee (the one that matters) to thank you for your contribution which will be given the attention it deserves.

The Committee requires me to point out that although you refer to the Old Firehouse other establishments are available.

I am Sir your obedient servant.

Tie Break Committee Secretary
Hi Alistair, am I right in thinking I am the 12 point person who has already been shot down in flames ?

Alistair20000

Hi Alistair, am I right in thinking I am the 12 point person who has already been shot down in flames ?
The Committee's preliminary conclusion was that your entry is in some difficulty. :(

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good job all this mental anguish will be over by tomorrow evening.

Avening Posse

The Committee's preliminary conclusion was that your entry is in some difficulty. :(
I suspected that without actually checking, a nice win tomorrow will make me a happy chappy though :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suspect that Indo's support put the kybosh on your hopes, AP!

Alistair20000

Good job all this mental anguish will be over by tomorrow evening.
Yes indeed Mr Hound but the TB Committee may go through some anguish before the evening is out. Unless of course CREDY nips in to win it. :x

Avening Posse

I suspect that Indo's support put the kybosh on your hopes, AP!
Hmmm ! Tsk Tsk !, I had not considered that, that's a beer you owe me Indo when I get around to popping over there (beer)

Alistair20000

Poor old Indo. :(

Out of this competition and out of Beat The Bookie too.

Now the poor sod is being lined up to buy the drinks.

Life's a person innit.